Poodle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Is your puppy an apricot and white parti? I can't tell with certainty from this picture. If he is, then the pink spot is just a normal part of him being a parti pup. The apricot spots have pigment both in the hair and the skin. The white spots have no pigment: the hair is white and the skin is pink. Sometimes on parti pups a white spot lands some place that wouldn't normally grow hair, like the nose or the eyelid. Then you see the pink skin that would otherwise have been hidden by white hair. My late parti pup, Pogo, had a pink spot inside his nostril due to a small white snip of hair on the side of his muzzle; the pink spot ran all the way through his nose.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is your puppy an apricot and white parti? I can't tell with certainty from this picture. If he is, then the pink spot is just a normal part of him being a parti pup. The apricot spots have pigment both in the hair and the skin. The white spots have no pigment: the hair is white and the skin is pink. Sometimes on parti pups a white spot lands some place that wouldn't normally grow hair, like the nose or the eyelid. Then you see the pink skin that would otherwise have been hidden by white hair. My late parti pup, Pogo, had a pink spot inside his nostril due to a small white snip of hair on the side of his muzzle; the pink spot ran all the way through his nose.
Thank you for your reply!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts