Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, My 8yr old Toy female have some pimples coming up. it looks weird. sometimes gets some pus inside and the local doctor tell me to avoid worrying about it and its enzymes. Please find the pictures attached. One pimple appeared a year ago and it had some pus and she bit on it and licked for another week and it went down. then it repeated by itself few months later. Now its shrinked down but not sure for how long it would stay this way. today after grooming i found 2 more of such pimples. and the male poodle also have one such pimple on his front arm.

any insights into this is highly appreciated. I only have access to very limited doctors as I live in Vietnam.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,031 Posts
I can't say for sure but that looks somewhat like a sebaceous cyst. Our GSD had one of those years ago. Synotic applied topically made a difference, but after a while we decided not to use it anymore since it didn't bother him. Later it got bigger then opened, drained and healed then never returned. Is there a way you can send those pics to a vet?

Reactions: dude05

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i took her to vet twice but he say nothing to worry about. but i worry since she is my daughter and i dont want to see her in distress or regret few months/years from now.

·
Registered
758 Posts
i took her to vet twice but he say nothing to worry about. but i worry since she is my daughter and i dont want to see her in distress or regret few months/years from now.
Would it help ease your mind if you got a second opinion from a different vet?

·
Super Moderator
Peggy Sue, Standard Poodle Born May 2019
8,816 Posts
I can’t tell from your photos. Do they have a cauliflower texture? If so, they could be warts. My old girl had a few of them.

I agree with @Basil_the_Spoo. If you aren’t comfortable with your vet’s diagnosis, seek a second opinion. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
If your vet isn't worried, it's most likely warts. The fact that your other pup is now developing one also suggests warts, since they can spread from one dog to another. If they are warts, they aren't painful, just sort of ewww.

As suggested above, if you're not comfortable with your vets opinion, do consult another. Peace of mind is worth it.

Warts on my girl, Holly

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If your vet isn't worried, it's most likely warts. The fact that your other pup is now developing one also suggests warts, since they can spread from one dog to another. If they are warts, they aren't painful, just sort of ewww.

As suggested above, if you're not comfortable with your vets opinion, do consult another. Peace of mind is worth it.

Warts on my girl, Holly

View attachment 473060
Thank you for sharing. Yes it looks about the same. sometimes it gets filled with pus and my girl bites on it and let it bleed out a bit and she would lick. I think its best i take her to another doctor and see what they have to say about it. It could be warts. looks very similar.

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
Stay in touch and let us know what you learn, please.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts