Poodle Forum banner

Pimple-like spot near standard poodle eye

6K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Raindrops 
#1 ·
I will call the vet tomorrow, but has anyone seen anything like this on their poodle? It looks similar to a pimple. Could it be a cyst of some kind? Is that common? My other standard has never had anything like this.

See less See more
#2 ·
How old is your dog? These bumps are common but the cause differs based on age. Could be a pimple type thing or one of many varieties of noncancerous growths. The ones that affect dogs under age 6 are likely to regress on their own. My dog had one on his ear. It regressed over a period of months.

#4 ·
Talk to your vet. My Boston had a similar lump as a puppy that turned out to be a mast cell cancerous tumor. Lumps like that on young dogs are usually no big deal and shrink on their own. But not always. Please get your dog to a vet.

#5 ·
I agree, it likely is no big deal but is best to check with a vet anyway. In puppies that age papillomas are super common and regress on their own, but this doesn't look quite like one to me. Could easily just be a pimple. We've had those before and it can take a couple weeks for them to go away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.