Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are pictures of our three toy poodles. My daughter owns the cream (Munchkin) and black (Bella) who are both young. She has moved to her own place, but Munchie and Bella visit once a month just to drive our 13 year old red toy, Pooh, crazy.

On July 25th, I am getting my first puppy that will be just mine...after days of searching, a black (silver) 3.9 lb female. She is pictured last. I can't wait.

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Glad to hear I am not the only one who celebrates poodle b-days. I know a lot of people here do! Steeler got a burger this year and a little mini white cake complete w/ sprinkles!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Birthdays

All three of our pups celebrate their birthdays with...ready?

A McDonald's hamburger (usually 1/2 each); a small dairy queen vanilla cup of ice cream. All three LOVE ice cream. So funny to watch them shaking from cold BUT determined to eat all of the ice cream regardless. A birthday for one means a birthday for 3! We have to separate them and make sure one doesn't super rush to grab the other's food. Pretty funny!

I am an artist and plan to draw the picture of the 3 pups looking up at my daughter waiting for their hamburger and ice cream for a contest.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
They are very adorable! I think I would be afraid to give my toys the ice cream LOL!! the sugar content lol! WOW!~ Can not wait to see pics of the gang when you get your little girl!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My poodle (and my daughter's) seem to have no problem with the "blue sky" indulgence.

Now the new little girl...to be named "Button" cause she is cute as a... will be on Halo and since she is finally my dog, no people food. I was haunting the isles of PetCo today and found little reward treats with no sugar, no artificial flavor or coloring, and no wheat. They are turkey with cranberry.

After carefully studying the sites that discuss protein and fillers, for days...taking notes and comparing the best I could, I see Halo has dehydrated eggs, the perfect protein. no undefined animal parts, no wheat, and omega 3 and 6 as well as antioxidants. Now of course, Button has to like the food...trial #2. If not, I am ready for fall back options.

I am already seeing myself as the crazy mom who sterilizes everything while the baby sucks on the handle of the grocery cart...but at least I feel like I am pro-actively being a responsible new parent. It's exciting and scary too.:curl-lip:

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
You could try Ice as a treat moose LOVES ice, and if can hear the tray he comes RUNNING. He also likes his normal food as treats too, good money savers!!

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Congrats on the new baby! She is adorable! Your older boy and your daughters girls are very cute too!

Halo is a very good food! Good for you for researching food and treats. It is one of the first things we can control to make our babies healthier and stay with us longer. I eat horribly, but you can bet Riley has the best food and treats! For biscuit treats his favorites are the Old Mother Hubbard brand. He also gets homemade ones from me or the breadstore. Im not a huge treat giver though. I mainly for training greats use the Solid Gold lamb bites soft treats broken up. There are many others i have found that i like too.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
All the poodles look like they enjoy their lives! I love to see pets enjoying life. Congrats on your new little girl.. and, yes, she is cute as a button..lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts