Poodle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is his jacket the right length? I still need to shape it but Atticus was getting restless and wanted a break so I'll work on that tomorrow along with shaping his poms and shaving his feet. Just making sure everything is where it should be. Shorter, longer, just right? Let me know!

Sorry these are at weird angles, if I bend down to take them he runs right over to me to play haha.

I need to clean up the extra fuzz on his butt too

Do I need to shave up further on his front legs? I cant tell from pictures how high I needed to shave them. Tell me whats good and whats bad, its my first time so I have no idea! lol

·
Registered
319 Posts
I think he looks adorable! I can't offer any grooming critiques because I have no idea about such things, but to my inexpert eye he looks great!

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Omg! Lol! He looks great! I think for the length of the jacket you could benefit from trimming up the jacket just a bit above the front legs, though use scissors to shape it instead of shaving. Ha, I love toys in this cut! :D

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
I'm with FS, honestly it looks great to me. He is so adorable.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
He is like my favorite toy poodle ever and I don't even know him lol. Very adorable with a naked butt :)

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
looks good!!! You could go a teeny smidge higher at his elbows, but it's fairly minimal from what I can see so not sure really... You don't want to go as far as to expose the 'nobbly' bit of the elbow anyway!

The Jacket could move fowards a smidge a the TOP of it too. I mean, see how the line from his belly up to his back sorta leans to his tail? You want it pretty straight, or with a bit of a curve so it curves around the last rib a bit.... I'm not sure how much it'd need to be shaved though, or if like FS says, just shaping with scissors to curve it a bit more.

He could also do with less shaved on his tail now he has a nekkid butt!!! lol!

But he does look utterly adorable!!! :D

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Oh MAN is he cute!!! :love:
I love his little naked butt. Gosh, Atticus looks amazing in that cut. :) You did a great job!
I agree that the top of the jacket could move a tad more forward (the bottom of it is fine though, just the area that's closer to the tail), but that's it. I think it looks awesome :)

·
Registered
372 Posts
OMG He and Lincoln are twins now!

I still need to get picture of him, he's been in a "continental" for almost a month. LOL

·
Registered
336 Posts
Love love love his new 'do'

Atticus is the most adorable little guy ever. Don't mind me... I'm in love with your little guy. Don't get me wrong I love my Guido most of all. But your little guys is simply so adorable I can't stand it!

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
Your spiffy little Atticus looks amazing!! That's it, I'm going to Fed Ex Chagall to you for grooming (ha ha!). On second thought, I'll drive him over and you can style my hair too. I think you do an amazing job, all I can manage is a tiny little bit of clipping between Chagall's regular professional groomings. Atticus is one lucky little poo and I love the photos you share of him!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts