Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a weekend! Back-to-back seminars and managed to pick up tid-bits from every presentation.

I've attached some pictures of what I want to call "creative grooming", but the entries couldn't be as "wild" as what you think of when you hear "creative". The criteria for judging was that it had to be a groom that could be done quickly and "easily" in your shop for a client in a couple of hours. Yeah, right.

Also attached is a kitty that was "groomed". Such a great disposition on the cat - more like a rag doll cat personality.

Unfortunately, I was in seminars when the final judging was happening for the poodle classes, so I missed them.

Anyway, enjoy these fabulous grooms.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Wow, those are simple and amazing. I'm used to seeing the more ostentatious (peacock and ninja turtle) dogs. I really like the ones you posted and they are something practical that could be done on a pet. (I love the other ones too.) Do you know what kind of glitter they used on the cat? It looks kind of like glitter glue pens. I'd also love to know if they used a special clipper/trimmer to get those details.

Thanks for posting pics!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've never done this type of grooming, so I asked a couple of the gals who did the grooming what they used. The detailing is done with very tiny clippers and then (most) of the edges are bevelled using scissors - probably very tedious to do. LOL The skin that is exposed by the clipping has been colored with chalk on many of them. I don't know if it's ordinary chalk or special chalk - but they told me it was chalk. Some of the dogs had little "sequins" imbedded in the outlines - they are sticky-back sequins made for this purpose for the dogs. I'm not sure how long they would stay on, but they were glamorous for the show.

The glitter is apparently something that is pet friendly distributed by one of the pet companies that were at the pet fair - I just can't remember the name - groomer's mall maybe?

·
Registered
575 Posts
I've never done this type of grooming, so I asked a couple of the gals who did the grooming what they used. The detailing is done with very tiny clippers and then (most) of the edges are bevelled using scissors - probably very tedious to do. LOL The skin that is exposed by the clipping has been colored with chalk on many of them. I don't know if it's ordinary chalk or special chalk - but they told me it was chalk. Some of the dogs had little "sequins" imbedded in the outlines - they are sticky-back sequins made for this purpose for the dogs. I'm not sure how long they would stay on, but they were glamorous for the show.

The glitter is apparently something that is pet friendly distributed by one of the pet companies that were at the pet fair - I just can't remember the name - groomer's mall maybe?

The chalk is non-toxic regular child's chalk and the sequins are normally applied with water-based glue (like elmers) again non-toxic. The glitter is by Davis and comes in a ton of colors.

The name of this creative show is Abstract Runway and some of the designs are gorgeous. Much more likely to be done in pet grooming than the more elaborate designs done in the Creative Competition.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
ooh so cool.

For some reason i don't think i could pull anything that cool off on an aussie :p i need a poo

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Did you happen to see my daughter's cat with a koi fish carved into it? I am not sure if she was a judge or a contestant.....I wish I could have gone.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Oooh how cool! I have never seen grooms like that, but I love it. It's simple, but it definitely is amazing. I love the silver parti poo. :)

·
Registered
478 Posts
I missed that one. I was there Sat and Sun. I picked up one of the competition tables for $200.00 off!!! Love it!! I met Bullet too. I'm gonna try some of the glitter on blow pens for our St. Petrick's Day Parade. I'll post pics so ya'll can see my first attempt at creative grooming. It was a much bigger show this year. Great pics!!! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Hey Reesmom, Bullet is one of my dearest friends. I sawa some pics on another board, too. All I can say is "i'm in AWEof the time and patience it takes to create that details work.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I like that kind of creative grooming, not such a fan of turning poodles into peacocks :lol: I especially like the Treble clef in the poodle. I should have someone do that to Captain ;) I don't know that my husband would be totally thrilled with that.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Hey Reesmom, Bullet is one of my dearest friends. I sawa some pics on another board, too. All I can say is "i'm in AWEof the time and patience it takes to create that details work.
She is so sweet. We talked for a little while. I so wanted to see her creative dog. I couldn't stay though. I don't think I would have that much patience.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts