Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone got baths so I took pictures with Sandy. I need to shave faces again but they had enough for today. My boy is the one who is chewing on the unicorn.

Attachments

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. For sure I’m keeping one girl but haven’t made up my mind who yet. Cream girl is probably going to look like her Momma when she is full grown so do I want another cream poodle? Other than that she is super cute and has a great personality. I wished her tail was docked just a little longer but she has the shortest tail. It’s not super short just not as long as I wanted it to be.

Small red/apricot ( looks more reddish in the pictures is also so sweet. I think she will fade to a light apricot. She kinda talks back like she is complaining when you hold and talk to her . Her face is more wide looking but she is still cute . She has two hind white toes and a tiny white on her chest.

The last apricot girl has redder tones coming up. She was the first born and basically the first to do everything. She’s the biggest (almost weighs as much as the boy) so maybe a bit oversized like her mom. A little longer in the back than I like but she has a awesome personality. I’m not sure if that kinda will change as she gets older. Very pretty face. Has the least white markings.

The white markings don’t bother me at all because I am going to try to show UKC and so i guess if the bigger one goes over a bit I could probably still do that.

I will have to make my choice soon because I have two people waiting for me to make my choice so I will make it by 6 weeks .

·
Premium Member
4,107 Posts
Adorable pictures - Can't imagine having this difficult decision, maybe your breeder could help. My breeder chose Asta for me.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No breeders wouldn’t help me much as stud owner is getting 2nd pick (wanted pick over a stud fee) and Sandy’s breeder wants a girl. I have to say the stud owner has been really awesome person to talk with though. She has already told me she leans towards the small red girl but Im waiting to see which one will suit us. At the moment they all do lol. Sandy’s mom is older and she really wants a girl related to her baby. All her other offspring was fixed.

I actually sent DNA color panel test on the three girls out to see if that will help me narrow it down. I should get it next week. If I breed my girl in the future ( after all health test done) it nice to know what I would get as far as color. Sandy carries the KB/my gene so it really made the outcome if I crossed her to any unknown color tested boys other than cream more than likely I would get all blacks. Since I’m breeding for myself I didn’t want that outcome. Would also be interesting to see if there is Parti with all that white it is it just abstract. Cream girl has the most with white chin, belly, toes, spot on head and a little by her nose when her hair is longer. Cream boy has the pink skin on his nose, white chin, some whites toes, and discovered a little streak of white in the back of his neck when he is wet (very hard to tell it blends in). Either way that would be icing on the cake because I love Parti and hopefully will own one day.

·
Super Moderator
3,345 Posts
...I actually sent DNA color panel test on the three girls out to see if that will help me narrow it down. I should get it next week. If I breed my girl in the future ( after all health test done) it nice to know what I would get as far as color. Sandy carries the KB/my gene so it really made the outcome if I crossed her to any unknown color tested boys other than cream more than likely I would get all blacks. Since I’m breeding for myself I didn’t want that outcome. Would also be interesting to see if there is Parti with all that white it is it just abstract...
Hi Mel. Please disregard if already know all this. I'm no expert by far but have done some dabbling in color genetics and had my girl DNA and color tested over a year ago; she also has the KB/Ky gene. (see more below)

Bella is also Ee: A carrier of yellow gene, can reproduce apricot and red puppies, and BB: Visibly a black (or fades to blue) poodle, this her phenotype.

Your poodle Sandy is has the ee gene, and with the KB/Ky gene, could have blacks that later turn blues or the yellow colors (white, cream, apricot, or red) even if mated with another poodle with the ee KB/Ky genes, b/c other genes could be at work. I bred mine to a red stud, and both of her pups were red. (Unfortunately the first was breech causing both to be stillborn, but that's another story.)

Since you don't want black puppies, see this article, Help! I Bred Two Cream Dogs and Got an All Black Litter! by Paw Print Genetics.

Here's a detailed chart of pups you might get based on color DNA, from Paw Print Genetics:

If you click on the name of any of the genes in their Coat Color DNA Test, it will pull up specifics about those genes.

They also have a test for the S Locus for parti poodles! They run 40% discounts and occasionally 50% on DNA and Color testing, just check their homepage for a sale and code number. If you open a free account with them, they'll email when they have their sales and otherwise won't bother you.

I was thinking that if you really want a parti poodle, to have the stud tested for the S locus, which shouldn't be too expensive with a discount.

Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tested the girls for A K and S ? . After I already order the stud owner said she sent a S test in also . Lol If only I had awaited I would have saved money.

Sandy was not a Parti carrier and carried Aw/at . The KB made her not express that so unless I bred her to a brindle (she could have carried that) or a phantom the odds were all black and maybe cream . I like the other patterns so I wouldn’t have minded phantoms. I am not breeding Sandy again so any future plans are 3 years from now.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Test results came back that littlest cream girl is a parti carrier . I’m really thrilled. Before making the decision of breeding Sandy I was on hold for a parti and that fell through ( I was really disappointed) .

I was already was kinda of leaning towards the little cream girl but my kids were liking the other two girls. She is at/a KB/KB (boo) and S/sp .. the other darker apricot girl that I was sorta leaning towards is at/a KB/ky S/S . Her size is what I’m worried about because Sandy is a little over and that girl is as big as the boy.

It’s official.. I hate choosing.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually before I bred Sandy I was on hold for a parti twice lol. First one said that it was a long waiting list (think popular black and white mini) and I said I would wait. Well never heard anything back and then they stopped breeding oarti’s .
So when I saw another pretty party girl mini girl that was so pretty born (different breeder) I jumped and put a deposit right away. That one turned out being a who’s your Daddy and ended up being inbred . Fortunately breeder was honest and gave deposit back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts