Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on another forum where they have "stickies" threads that the moderator does that you can't really comment on - just read. One of the newest stickies is a photo of the member, their real name, their Login name, and their dogs. I was wondering how hard that would be to do here. I think this forum is really growing quickly and a thread like that would be helpful to keep members and their dogs straight.
What do you guys think?

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
I am on another forum where they have "stickies" threads that the moderator does that you can't really comment on - just read. One of the newest stickies is a photo of the member, their real name, their Login name, and their dogs. I was wondering how hard that would be to do here. I think this forum is really growing quickly and a thread like that would be helpful to keep members and their dogs straight.
What do you guys think?
We can do that.

I`m not sure how people would feel about their "real name"... but username, dog name, and dog picture would be fine... and it's not like you HAVE to do it either :)

Go ahead and start this thread in General Chat maybe title it "Who's Who" : )

Thanks for the great idea.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Todd - when I said real name, I only meant first name. But if that makes people uncomfortable they definitely wouldn't have to include it. Thanks for the go ahead! :)

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Question - when I went to post the Who's who - the pictures aren't automatically showing. They are links - can we fix that so that they automatically show?

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Question - when I went to post the Who's who - the pictures aren't automatically showing. They are links - can we fix that so that they automatically show?
That's just how it's setup here.

That way we don't have 5 images attached at once that are huge.... you click to view :) If you are hosting remotely you can use the [ IMG ] tag and embedd them :)

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So if I only posted one at a time would I get the thumbnails? Because normally when I post, I've gotten thumbnails and today I only got the link...or did that format change recently?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts