Poodle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still trying to decide what to do with Kala's hair. She needs a trim and I thought about the lion trim since it is so easy. Anyone have any thoughts, experience or photos with Poodle in the lion trim?

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
When I was looking for the lamb and others I downloaded a couple - NOT my pictures but ones on the web.
blklamb3.260143430_large.jpg graylambcut.260142846_large.jpg

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Oh gosh -long day at the office, I thought it said LAMB - Oh well, another cut for you.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
You can also get super realistic like this hahaha

You can make the mane shorter of course they consider this CC still its optional to have rosettes

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
LOL, Roxy I just love the pic of the mixed breed "Lion." He is so cute!

On another note, I need to get my behind in gear and post Bailey in his Lion trim.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Just a note that the lion trim (aka the continental; aka the 'show dog' clip, with or without the hip rosettes and big hair) isn't nearly as easy to do as it looks!!!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a note that the lion trim (aka the continental; aka the 'show dog' clip, with or without the hip rosettes and big hair) isn't nearly as easy to do as it looks!!!
Oh don't tell me that, I have already started. lol. It doesn't look easy to me anyway because I am no artist and it seems grooming is somewhat of an art. I am about half way through but I am so slow that I am going to have to finish tomorrow. Poor Kala has been standing for a long time. She is being such a good girl though. I will post pics of the finished product.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Oh don't tell me that, I have already started. lol. It doesn't look easy to me anyway because I am no artist and it seems grooming is somewhat of an art. I am about half way through but I am so slow that I am going to have to finish tomorrow. Poor Kala has been standing for a long time. She is being such a good girl though. I will post pics of the finished product.
I can't wait to see the finished product.

In reference to the pattern itself (not the scissoring) Without the rosettes to worry about getting right I personally find this clip pretty easy but it was the very first "real" poodle clip I ever did. I've never had trouble with it. So long as you get the line straight that is and place the bracelets. Sometimes getting started is the scariest part once you do though it's done and you're home free.
The pattern isn't complex really at all. Then again it's fair to say we all have our strenghts and weaknesses I suppose so something you find really simple might through me for a loop. :)

Looking at all the somewhat recent groom pictures makes me want to go my girls in something new, I'm getting the "the itch" I suppose lol. They both look so plain to me right now with their short hair.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Yes... I just joined a few weeks ago and had to make an intro post. I love that idea because it seems to help in cases like this with all the trolls out there.

Reactions: Verve
1 - 17 of 17 Posts