Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought maybe his coloring would show up better in natural light! Here you go!

I've been afraid to cut his hair myself but I did trim around his face. I was worried about some stray hairs getting in his eyes.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
that is the most beautiful little fella I have every seen. No wonder you are so happy. Even outside it is tough to tell. Silver or blue? In the close-up shots he looks more like my Billy who is blue. In the longer shots that have more light in them, he still looks pretty light on the muzzle. I guess it's going to be a surprise and you really don't care anyway because you love him much. That's the way it should be. Love your baby!!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
He certainly looks blue in my opinion. His coat has the light brown tint you see only in certain light....definately a pretty blue Poodle puppy.

He really is a pretty thang!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
He certainly looks blue in my opinion. His coat has the light brown tint you see only in certain light....definately a pretty blue Poodle puppy.

He really is a pretty thang!
I have to agree with Secreto. His hair is tinted brown in the sunlight which usually indicates a blue.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Well I'm kind of jealous, his hair looks so much better than Saleen's.... her's seems so thin. I sure hope it turns into a nice adult coat. I'm so impatient LoL.

Vega is soooo beautiful, I just love his face!

I also must be blind, I can't quite see the brown tinge that you guys are talking about in the photos. Maybe it's my computer? He certainly looks darker than Saleen, who's definitly silver.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Not necessarily! It could be your monitor or because you don't have a black poodle, you are not used to seeing it. If you look at picture #2, you can see where the sun is hitting him behind his ear and on his hind quarter that it has a reddish-brown appearance. I see this on billy all the time when he is in the sun. On the other hand, Carly, who is black and white, looks like a blue-black where the sun hits her.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You can also see it in some of the action shots I posted. I never noticed it before but looking at the photos I can definitely see the reddish/brown tint in the sun.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts