Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Predicament- but I was wondering if an akc (pal) phatom poodle could do anything like obedience or agility shows/competitions? what would be my ground zero for that in either information or northeast America area?

Thanks!

·
Registered
533 Posts
There is a list of what a pal dog can do here.

phantoms are only excluded from conformation the same as a pal dog. Finding your local kennel training club is where you should start . Before you can start in agility you have train some in obedience and then swich to beginner agility. Your local training club will tell you which steps to take. Then you can go to akc events .

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Mel is correct, the only AKC event your dog can’t enter is Conformation. With a PAL number you can compete in all other sports Including agility and obedience. In addition there are other organizations that have dog sports that your dog is able to participate.

Look for a dog club in your area where people train for competition dog sports. I belong to two, one is an AKC and has many dog sports but they are the top Obedience training club. My other club is not AKC and they are the top Agility training facility. My non-AKC club trains for AKC but participates in other organizations for dog sports including agility with CPE, USDAA and TDAA.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Another fun thing that I’ve always wanted to do is dock diving . They are also held at a lot of big akc events and other festivals. Unfortunately the only training place around my area is too far.

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Another fun thing that I’ve always wanted to do is dock diving . They are also held at a lot of big akc events and other festivals. Unfortunately the only training place around my area is too far.
Tonka wouldn't jump into water if he was on fire. He was raised on a Caribbean island and is scared to death of fresh water.

But I'll bet you can find some good training videos online.
You can find everything else online.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Well Sandy loves jumping in the pool .. if we jump in first . ? she will jump right behind a kid but if you throw a ball in there she will look at me like “are you kidding..you first”.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I would love to try barn hunting eventually. That looks fun too! I'm pretty sure Raffi would love it. There is a training place not too far from me but the meets? competitions? are quite a ways away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts