Poodle Forum banner

Phantom or Black Standards in Southern California/Nearby States

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Phaz23 
#1 · (Edited)
Edit: Im now on the look out for toy breeders because I live in Los Angeles and will not be a home owner in the forseeable future. Spoo Breeders don’t seem to tolerate renters and will not even continue the convo. Im perfectly happy with a toy and if I ever buy a house will pickup my standard hunt again.

Hello everyone, nice to meet you

I'm a former groomer and vet tech, currently working in tech in Southern California. I'm on the look out for a pet quality standard poodle puppy with a temperament for therapy training. I'm a very experienced dog owner and would like to find a reputable breeder that does health and temperament checking, and has dogs with the "smart look" to the face, slender noses, deep set dark eyes. and light builds are my favorite. I'm looking for Phantom but would also love a Dark Black. I know this has been posted before but the former posts had DMs sent to them so I'm posting again to possibly receive a list myself. Thank you for your help!

#2 ·
Hi and Welcome!

There's a list being complied from breeders suggested by PF members thru the years, It's a work in progress but should give you some places to start.

There are individual breeders by state and some multi state links provided.

Start on Post #39, that's where the most updated List is for now: 🐩Geographical Breeders List and Additional Resources🐩

#3 ·
Reactions: Rose n Poos
#4 ·
Hi again, I put down a deposit + application for Clarion, pending approval. Talking to Ann was an absolute delight and Im very excited. I did see on here that there was an issue with optic nerve hypoplasia in one of her minis and that really scares me. Im not sure what to make of it but hope it was just one of those things that happens no matter how safe you are (If anyone thinks otherwise please dm me!). If anyone has tips, cheers, or jeers please feel free to contact me :)

#5 ·
If you know the registered names of the sire and dam you can look them up on the OFA site to see what testing was done, if you haven't already asked her. Often, you can find results on related dogs from the same results page. The condition may not be specifically tested for in the eye testing but it is sometimes found in the course of the exam.
Here's the OFA page on eye certification.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.