Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there a reason it wouldn't stay informative and fun?
YUP! - because as of late there have been a more than usual number of posts that are extremely defensive and downright nasty. Sometimes, taking a turn from the original topic, often veering away from being informative or fun. Many people are feeling deterred from logging on and participating on PF lately and it would be great if it could be maintained as a pleasant online community and experience.

This IS the "feedback and comments" section so thats my contribution!

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Well some people might not think those posts are fun, but they are no less important. I'm sorry if some people find those post offputting, but some of us take responsible breeding seriously and don't want to see people misusue their breeding dogs or produce unhealthy puppies. Dog breeding isn't all fun and games. We're all entitled to our opinions.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well some people might not think those posts are fun, but they are no less important. I'm sorry if some people find those post offputting, but some of us take responsible breeding seriously and don't want to see people misusue their breeding dogs or produce unhealthy puppies. Dog breeding isn't all fun and games. We're all entitled to our opinions.
Harley - I agree that every person is entitled to an opinion. That is the key. Not to bash another because they have a differing of opinion. Stating one's opinion (whether it be differing or in agreement) and bullying are entirely different things. I'm not just talking about posts regarding breeding ethics, etc... so I'm not sure why you are on about such specifics? No matter tho.. To be clear, I'm speaking in very broad and general terms.

Anyway.. this is a comments and feedback section so that's what I expressed. I didn't expect that a simple post would be dissected as such!
Let's just take it for what it is, ok?...

·
Registered
109 Posts
As a new person to this forum I disappointed and suprised at the mean spirited comments. I thought it would be fun and informative but I see a lot of people who know each other tearing each other down and not doing a lot of listening. Just an observation from fresh eyes. I don't know if I will continue to subscribe.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I think that happens on any board really. I'm on a board that I've belonged to for 5 years when we were all pregnant with our July 05 due dates. Well there have been plenty of petty bickering and ugly things going on but a lot of us have stuck it out and become good friends. I know I could call most of those people if I ever just needed to talk. It works itself out.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
As a new person to this forum I disappointed and suprised at the mean spirited comments. I thought it would be fun and informative but I see a lot of people who know each other tearing each other down and not doing a lot of listening. Just an observation from fresh eyes. I don't know if I will continue to subscribe.
You just have to sift through the posts that dont interest you. Sorry you are not having a better experience. I can see your points to be honest. I love a good debate and opinions because we learn and grow from them, and it is tough when you do see people being very rude to each other and at many points you cant contribute:rolffleyes:

But dont go away.... just try to ignor the not so productive posts - because there are some. BUT in the end there is more positive then negative.:)

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I felt like I should stay Even after the REALLY mean stuff that i saw have had my share of being attacked as Well. But I feel like we all have so much to give ! I feel like I can educate puppy lookers as to what to look for in health testing What to ask What to watch out for and so on. I do not think the ugly bashing should even be allowed.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
I think this forum is awesome!! It is a wonderful place for newbies to the breed to acquire info from people with experience!! While some of the threads have gotten very heated, it seemed necessary to get to the root of things,

I have been threatened through several private messages on here, but am not going anywhere. With all of the years I have been loving this breed, I think I may have some knowledge which just might help some of the newcomers to the wonderful world of Poodles. Lets all keep enjoying this place to share our love of the breed!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
YUP! - because as of late there have been a more than usual number of posts that are extremely defensive and downright nasty. Sometimes, taking a turn from the original topic, often veering away from being informative or fun. Many people are feeling deterred from logging on and participating on PF lately and it would be great if it could be maintained as a pleasant online community and experience.

This IS the "feedback and comments" section so thats my contribution!
I'm sorry, I'm going to have to agree with cuddleparty... lately it seem people are eager to jump on their high horse and leave snappy comments that really are not necessary. Just MO.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
I'm sorry, I'm going to have to agree with cuddleparty... lately it seem people are eager to jump on their high horse and leave snappy comments that really are not necessary. Just MO.
Agree. Some act like they are the END ALL to poodles - when I see a certain post I know exactly who's coming to prove them BAD! Oh well so long as people can take what they dish out.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Well I tend to agree and when I see a post like the one that just happened I said UH OH cause I can see it coming. I almost turned away cause of the really meanspirited nature of the forum But I am learning so much that I have to stay And I think that I do have something to give as well.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Well I tend to agree and when I see a post like the one that just happened I said UH OH cause I can see it coming. I almost turned away cause of the really meanspirited nature of the forum But I am learning so much that I have to stay And I think that I do have something to give as well.
Lol - I seen that. But as much as we are learning, I might have a little to contribute too:) And I might not know all I can about poodles BUT I DO KNOW when people are being downright nasty. :bird:

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I fell like theres ALOT more people on this forum who are willing to help and guide/teach about the breed and what is to own a poodle
then the mean people who just want to walk around town being mean

I've learned SO much about Elphie from this forum, like her gas I just thought oh she'll get over that, I got rid of grain in her food ((because of some helpful things you all have said)) and now she doesn't gas my room up at night ^_^
I'm DEFINITELY not going anywhere any time soon :D

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Lol - I seen that. But as much as we are learning, I might have a little to contribute too:) And I might not know all I can about poodles BUT I DO KNOW when people are being downright nasty. :bird:
Hey Olie we will never know everything that is for sure that is what makes it fun :)
I learn everyday and this forum is teaching me ...I use this as a tool :wacko:

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Ya the gas thing was huge and I think that other folks learned from that as well. Poodles do have special needs and all of us together can make sure that they get it . I think educating is awesome !

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
I fell like theres ALOT more people on this forum who are willing to help and guide/teach about the breed and what is to own a poodle
then the mean people who just want to walk around town being mean

I've learned SO much about Elphie from this forum, like her gas I just thought oh she'll get over that, I got rid of grain in her food ((because of some helpful things you all have said)) and now she doesn't gas my room up at night ^_^
I'm DEFINITELY not going anywhere any time soon :D
Man thats a bonus! I'm not going away either:) I just feel bad for some.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Well that was my comment. As far as being the end all and be all of poodles... you can take or leave my advice. I try to be helpful, but I accept that I have a straight forward and rather blunt style.

For me, this board is a way to educated the average Poodle buyer. Part of that education is to show people how they can research and substantiate a breeder's claims.

What does it mean to be health tested?
How do you interpret test results.
What does it mean to be from champion lines?
How do you verify a show/performance record.
What is the accepted Poodle Club of America standard.

There is group on this board who are looking to try to be educated buyers and educated owners. If you don't like those threads, don't read them.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts