Poodle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
Mia, Christmas in June 2010
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else being offered this app through their vet? From the email I received, it offers secure text based messaging, easy access medical records, and digital appointment requests. Since the start of the pandemic, my vet has had issues with phone lines being all tied up (and the phone company wanted something exorbitant to add lines), so I presume this is meant as a solution. It is a free app, so I don't see how the app makes money, which makes me a little wary.

·
Super Moderator
2,596 Posts
I haven't yet. I did some poking around on their web site and found this statement in their FAQ: Unlike other products, there is no monthly fee. And because we want to support clinics in Collaborative Pet Care during this time, we have waived our modest transaction fee.
This statement implies to me that they will start charging a fee later on. It's not uncommon for software startups to give their product away early on to build up a customer base. Later they start charging and/or sell out to a larger company. I didn't dig deeply enough to find their licensing and data privacy agreements, so I don't know if they have left themselves the possibility of earning a few pennies from data mining.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts