Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
wow... I have some strong feelings about that article.. to lengthy to post right now... maybe later if I'm still fired up about it! need to take a breath and check back later! :mad:

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
WTH!! OMG...are they serious! comparing responsible breeding with white supremacy!!! How over-the-top can you get?! The shelters are overrun with unwanted animals due to IRRESPONSIBLE pet owners and breeders!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
PETA QUOTES:

"I think it would be great if all of the fast-food outlets, slaughterhouses, these laboratories and the banks that fund them exploded tomorrow.” -PETA Vice President Bruce Friedrich

PeTA co-founder Ingrid Newkirk once said even if animal research resulted in a cure for AIDS, "we'd be against it."

"Arson, property destruction, burglary and theft are 'acceptable crimes' when used for the animal cause." -Alex Pacheco, Director, PeTA

"We feel that animals have the same rights as retarded children." -Alex Pacheco, Director, PeTA,

"To those people who say, `My father is alive because of animal experimentation,' I say `Yeah, well, good for you. This dog died so your father could live.' Sorry, but I am just not behind that kind of trade off." -Bill Maher, PeTA celebrity spokesman

"Six million Jews died in concentration camps, but six billion broiler chickens will die this year in slaughter houses." -Ingrid Newkirk, President, PeTA,

"The life of an ant and that of my child should be granted equal consideration." -Michael W. Fox, Vice President, The Human Society

Regan when asked which he would save, a dog or a baby, if a boat capsized in the ocean: "If it were a retarded baby and a bright dog, I'd save the dog." -Tom Regan

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PETA QUOTES:

"I think it would be great if all of the fast-food outlets, slaughterhouses, these laboratories and the banks that fund them exploded tomorrow.” -PETA Vice President Bruce Friedrich

PeTA co-founder Ingrid Newkirk once said even if animal research resulted in a cure for AIDS, "we'd be against it."

"Arson, property destruction, burglary and theft are 'acceptable crimes' when used for the animal cause." -Alex Pacheco, Director, PeTA

"We feel that animals have the same rights as retarded children." -Alex Pacheco, Director, PeTA,

"To those people who say, `My father is alive because of animal experimentation,' I say `Yeah, well, good for you. This dog died so your father could live.' Sorry, but I am just not behind that kind of trade off." -Bill Maher, PeTA celebrity spokesman

"Six million Jews died in concentration camps, but six billion broiler chickens will die this year in slaughter houses." -Ingrid Newkirk, President, PeTA,

"The life of an ant and that of my child should be granted equal consideration." -Michael W. Fox, Vice President, The Human Society

Regan when asked which he would save, a dog or a baby, if a boat capsized in the ocean: "If it were a retarded baby and a bright dog, I'd save the dog." -Tom Regan
This is another reason I hate PETA comparing the holocaust to the slaughter of chickens ..... They even try to compare us owning dogs to us owning slaves

Yeah right Michael W. Fox says that now but lets take his kid and give him the choice to save his kid vs an ant I doubt it will be an ant

Same thing with Tom R.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
LOL Todd.... I'm sorry but most the people working at peta are on the cook-coo train! I've met some extreme animal activists - but there is a difference between crazy and working for a cause! :crazy:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
PETA has stated repeatedly that their goal is "total animal liberation." This means no pets, no meat, no milk, no zoos, no circuses, no fishing, no leather, and no animal testing for lifesaving medicines.

PETA has contributed tens of thousands of dollars to animal-rights activists who have been charged with or convicted of crimes.

Ingrid Newkirk is the head of PETA; she is nothing more that a extremist. Don't fall for her BS image of "saving the animals." This is the same woman who urged Yasser Arafat to spare animals in suicide bombings, but could care less about the humans that were being killed. To show just how much of a crackpot this woman is, click the following link to see her afterlife requests:

PETA members believe that animals should have the same rights as people.

PETA funds the misnamed Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine 3, an animal-rights organization that presents itself as an unbiased source for nutritional information and has links to a violent animal-rights group called SHAC.

PETA has used their contributors’ tax-exempt donations to fund the North American Earth Liberation front, an FBI-certified “domestic terrorist” group responsible for fire bombs and death threats.

PETA cares more about chickens and other farm animals than they do about starving or sick children..

PETA regularly targets kids as early as elementary school with anti-meat and anti-milk propaganda. They also operate a webpage which advocates to people to stop drinking all milk because its supposedly a health hazard! PETA believes that milking cow's is a painful and hurtful experience. However, I once asked a cow about it, and he told me he ENJOYS getting his nipples squeezed, therefore, PETA LIES!

PETA spends less than one percent of its $13 million budget actually caring for animals.

PETA has repeatedly attacked groups like the March of Dimes, the Pediatric AIDS Foundation, and the American Cancer Society, for conducting animal testing to find cures for birth defects and life-threatening diseases.

..Yeah these people are NUTS.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
PETA believes that milking cow's is a painful and hurtful experience. However, I once asked a cow about it, and he told me he ENJOYS getting his nipples squeezed, therefore, PETA LIES!
um, boy cows don't get milked :) hehe... sorry, this just made me giggle :laugh:

on a more serious note; I am all for preventing the mistreatment of animals and unnecessary animal suffering, however PETA goes WAY too far. :crazy:

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
um, boy cows don't get milked :) hehe... sorry, this just made me giggle :laugh:

on a more serious note; I am all for preventing the mistreatment of animals and unnecessary animal suffering, however PETA goes WAY too far. :crazy:
What you describe is animal wellfare there is a big difference between animal wellfare and animal rights.

I am all for animal wellfare ! PETA= animal rights and activist.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts

I got it off a site, lol...

Honestly putting myself in the place of a cow, when I was breast feeding my daughter, it felt good to get that milk out it was so painful when my breasts were full, not trying to gross anyone out! So yeah I believe it doesn't hurt the cow.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got it off a site, lol...

Honestly putting myself in the place of a cow, when I was breast feeding my daughter, it felt good to get that milk out it was so painful when my breasts were full, not trying to gross anyone out! So yeah I believe it doesn't hurt the cow.
it is true milking does not hurt the cows at all, you are right MM it is painful if the udder is full of milk and it never gets milked. It can also cause Mastitis if the cows are not milked. It mostly likely feels good to them just how you describe breast feeding your baby girl.

Peta is just crazy , this is why Prop 2 in CA passed. none of these people are vets so they think they are doing good but prop 2 is going to cause more problems than peta likes to think.
But then again they don't care about the animals anyways they rather see dead free range chickens than nice safe healthy ones that are crated. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I just ran across this post.. I have not read the article yet, but I have read enough articles by PETA to know that they are absolutely NUTS. I believe in proper animal care AND proper killing methods for our "food" animals, I think we need to move a ways yet in that department in the slaughter houses, but PETA is just a place of total loonie toons.

Hmmm, I wonder if they think lions, bears, tigers, etc. should be wiped off the earth as they are killing machines.

PETA does not work in the best interest of anything but PETA, they are illogical, delusional people who are in need of a platform to holler from. If all was "fixed" according to what they feel is "right", they would find something else wrong to holler about.

I am a strong advocate of proper and human care of animals and of human killing of our food sources, I would willing go out and protest against inhumane handling of feed animals at slaughter houses as I think the animal is giving enough in way of its life for our sustenance so should be put down humanely, but I wouldn't stand with a PETA group, or ever donate any funds to them. Oh, and btw, just as an FYI, many times when you "give" money to the "humane" society (the type where the cans are out on shop counters and the ones you get in the mail), you are in fact donating to PETA's work. It is always best, if you are wanting to donate to the humane society, to give to your local shelter directly, and you can even stipulate to which animal your funds go to help. This is a sure way of being able to help an animal, feel good about what you are doing, and yet, not give to PETA or their lunacy. Sometimes the cans placed on store counters are for the local shelter and will say the shelter's name on it, but many times it just says "donate to the humane society". Beware of them, the money goes to PETA.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Sometimes the cans placed on store counters are for the local shelter and will say the shelter's name on it, but many times it just says "donate to the humane society". Beware of them, the money goes to PETA.
We have several cans around town for our shelter, and it does go to our shelter, most of our cash donations do go to the building fund to build a bigger, better place for the dogs.

I would not donate a red cent if it went to PETA, good point though Jester.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
YUM!

...sorry but I couldn't live on just Veggies, I am a big fan of steaks.

BRB, about to go stomp some ants
I'm really in trouble! My favorite is CHICKEN!

:laser:let me help you with that! :rofl: I think we should :airplane: them all to an island without all of the things they are against and let them :goodnight: of their own ignorance!

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just ran across this post.. I have not read the article yet, but I have read enough articles by PETA to know that they are absolutely NUTS. I believe in proper animal care AND proper killing methods for our "food" animals, I think we need to move a ways yet in that department in the slaughter houses, but PETA is just a place of total loonie toons.

Hmmm, I wonder if they think lions, bears, tigers, etc. should be wiped off the earth as they are killing machines.

PETA does not work in the best interest of anything but PETA, they are illogical, delusional people who are in need of a platform to holler from. If all was "fixed" according to what they feel is "right", they would find something else wrong to holler about.

I am a strong advocate of proper and human care of animals and of human killing of our food sources, I would willing go out and protest against inhumane handling of feed animals at slaughter houses as I think the animal is giving enough in way of its life for our sustenance so should be put down humanely, but I wouldn't stand with a PETA group, or ever donate any funds to them. Oh, and btw, just as an FYI, many times when you "give" money to the "humane" society (the type where the cans are out on shop counters and the ones you get in the mail), you are in fact donating to PETA's work. It is always best, if you are wanting to donate to the humane society, to give to your local shelter directly, and you can even stipulate to which animal your funds go to help. This is a sure way of being able to help an animal, feel good about what you are doing, and yet, not give to PETA or their lunacy. Sometimes the cans placed on store counters are for the local shelter and will say the shelter's name on it, but many times it just says "donate to the humane society". Beware of them, the money goes to PETA.
I agree 100% This is another reason I do not donate or support HSUS both HSUS and PETA have made statements that are just ridiculous

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm really in trouble! My favorite is CHICKEN!

:laser:let me help you with that! :rofl: I think we should :airplane: them all to an island without all of the things they are against and let them :goodnight: of their own ignorance!
LMAO that is the best idea yet

1 - 20 of 48 Posts