Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone add anything to pets food? I used to use Missing Link for my German Shepherd all the time but a friend of mine has a Bernese Mountain Dog and this dogs coat is stunning! I've never seen such a shiny, healthy and glossy coat. She shows her dog and uses a product called showstopper and swears by it. Has anyone else tried this? I wonder if it's worth using.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hello:

I use Show Stopper on all my show dogs (toy poodles and afghan hound special). It is a WONDERFUL product! Check out my website for pictures (www.onoshipoodles.com).

The trick to show stopper is it takes around 4 weeks for it to "kick in" and the dog needs ot stay on it continuously for the results to show. If you take the dog off show stopper, you will go back to square one quickly. Also, it tends to add a little weight on the dog so you may need to what that if your dog is prone to becoming overweight.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's actually great news about the weight gain! I've been trying several things to put weight on my German Shepherd, she's so lean and I hate seeing her ribs, The vet says she's at an ideal weight but a few more lbs wont hurt her. She's on Taste of the wild dog food so she has a decent coat but i have heard good things about htis product.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
That's actually great news about the weight gain! I've been trying several things to put weight on my German Shepherd, she's so lean and I hate seeing her ribs, The vet says she's at an ideal weight but a few more lbs wont hurt her. She's on Taste of the wild dog food so she has a decent coat but i have heard good things about htis product.
We where using show stopper on Enzo we liked the result but we did not get a chance to use it more than 4 weeks.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Interesting. I've used Grizzly Salmon Oil for my two non-poodles. I've been interested in Missing link, but I may look into showstopper. My Malt has seasonal allergies and the only option the vet here offers is steriods. That's a last resort for me, so I wanna try different supplements first. He could also stand to gain a bit of weight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts