Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just in awe.. I had to post about this.

There is a doggy daycare/boarding facility called Pet Ritz that we take Snoops' sister Socks to, every now and again. My b/f brought Socks in today to have a play date and lo and behold... the name had been changed. It is now called All American Pet Resort. Ok.. no big deal.. businesses can change their name. What gets me tho, is the REASON why they did. There was a notice on the door about the whole fiasco... seems RITZ CARLTON hotel chain was threatening legal action! Can you believe it? Gosh.. who are they gonna sue next???... Nabisco and Ritz Crackers??!!

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I agree; it's absurd! The only way it would be okay would be it Ritz Carlton operated it's own doggie hotel/kennel. (As far as I know they don't.)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
ROFL!!! I can totally agree with that, I grew up in Omaha NE and our baseball team was the Omaha Royals, well Kansas City Royals took them to court! Even though we had been the Omaha Royals for many many years! They said it was their name and we needed to change ours!, so eventually they beat us out I am not sure if it was legally or if we just gave up the idiotic fight, but we changed our teams name. Funny thing is that the city cast a vote for the new name............believe it or not we ended up with and I am NOT kidding the Omaha Beef Packers LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, that was like 10 years ago and I am assuming that Low and behold they got a ton of crap about the name because they are once again The Omaha Royals!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!! :crazy:

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
We all know how it goes...it's the guy with the most money who's going to win. pffft!! Beef Packers, huh? That is outrageous and funny. Did they do that just for spite? Or did they really like that name? LOL

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
LMAO! No citizens of OMAHA VOTED for that name they had other options too LOL!!!! I think it is because Omaha is the home of Omaha Steaks Company, they are VERY well known for their quality beef LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts