Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

My husband and I are looking for recommendations on pet health insurance for our puppy. Does anyone have a recommended provider for poodles? We were looking at VPI but at a loss for where to start.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I have my dog insured through the insurance offered to me by the AKC when I registered him. I've decided to continue with it because it seems to be very comprehensive and although a little expensive, appears to be good value for money. http://www.akcpethealthcare.com/

My cat is insured through the ASPCA, but his coverage is only for accidents and illness. www.aspcapetinsurance.com

I have yet to file a claim on either policy, but I will be using the AKC one on Thursday of this week when Teddy gets neutered.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Thought I would try to get some more answers on this thread. How many of you have pet insurance? Which company do you use? Has anyone had any experience with claims on their insurance? Has anyone heard of Embrace Pet Insurance? We are looking for recommendations, specifically for standard poodles.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Thought I would try to get some more answers on this thread. How many of you have pet insurance? Which company do you use? Has anyone had any experience with claims on their insurance? Has anyone heard of Embrace Pet Insurance? We are looking for recommendations, specifically for standard poodles.
We're in Canada, so can't make a recommendation. I'm going to start a separate thread about pet insurance and whether to get it though, as I think it's something most of us have questions about!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Well, I filed a claim on Teddy's policy (through AKC, see link in my previous post). They paid it within two weeks and didn't give me a hassle about it at all. I'm very happy with them (so far).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts