Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some fun places you all have traveled with your poodles?

I have always dreamed of taking Millie and Henry to the beach or to the mountains to hike one day, but unfortunately there are no beaches or mountains in Missouri. :( So, I am thinking about taking a road trip with my boyfriend and the dogs. Perhaps even a lake would do!

If there are any Missourians around here, do you know of any fun, pet friendly locations in or near Missouri?

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
The best vacation i have taken with Riley was to the mountains. I have a client that has a cabin in the N.C. mountains, and was giving me a super deal! She allows dogs too! So my friend and i drove down there from northern IL. About a 13 hour drive. Riley was perfect, and loves to travel in the car! He slept most of the way. We stoped frequently for everyone to stretch their legs. Rest stops were our friend as they usually have alot of grass areas to walk dogs. When we stopped to eat we ate somewhere with outdoor seating.
We went swimming at alot of lakes while we were there, hiking, seenic drives, etc. I am so glad we brought Riley with. Also, being two females we liked having him with us. I think you should totally go on vacation with your dogs!!! I am taking Ry camping with me this summer.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Our mountains (NC) in the fall is my favorite place/time to take the dos on vacation. The leaves are changing, which adds to the already amazing scenery! There are so many places to hike and when we go to Asheville, their downtown area is pretty dog friendly.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
My dogs love heading to a cottage for a week where they can run around off leash and get their feet wet. Basically any place where they can be off leash 90% of the time is a super vacation for them.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I use to live near Springfield,Mo. there are lots of lakes down there you could go to here are a couple that I have been to,Lake Taneycomo & Table Rock Lake both of these lakes are by Branson so that would be a nice road trip play by day and take in dinner and a show in the evening after you have tired the dogs out there are quite a few hotels that you can take well behaved dogs to now a days just google dog friendly hotel/motel.

Stockton Lake is a little bit closer to you they have great camping areas here my parent use to live right by this lake it is very nice and there is plenty of places you could take the dogs. Another one is Pomme de Terre Reservoir camping here also Hope this helps.:)

But if you ever decide you want a beach vacation we have some dog friendly beaches down my way that we take the dogs to all the time I would love to have a doggie play day if you make this way some day!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts