Poodle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are on a waitlist to get a standard poodle in 2021. On a visit back to my wife's hometown recently, we had a few conversations with neighbors about getting a poodle, and were asked at least twice what gender we'd get, because two different neighbors were interested in producing poodle mixes. One had border collies, the other had I think a lab. Our contract with the breeder stipulates that we cannot breed this poodle, but regardless, we have no interest in breeding our dog anyway. I was just wondering if any one else here commonly gets asked or approached about breeding your poodle, especially crossing with other breeds? I found it funny that this subject was brought up twice, by two different neighbors, in my wife's hometown on one weekend. She is from southern California, by the way.

· Registered
3,210 Posts
I have heard of people constantly getting propositions! It sounds super annoying. I have never had anybody ask me about crossing to specific dogs but certainly have been asked if I will breed Misha. They never seem to understand my reasons for not breeding. It can be frustrating. I think people think it is way easier than it is in reality. And also don't understand ethics in dog breeding.

· Registered
1,216 Posts
I was approached once at Rural King about whether my boy was available for stud to a breeder of golden-doodles. My dog's breeder joked that I could name an exorbitant stud fee, but then changed her mind when she thought perhaps they might accept it. He was quite the handsome boy with his big hair.
Terrestrial animal Dog breed Snout Shrub Dog

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.