Poodle Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
I don't think anyone on here criticized the Pendragon as people. I don't think anyone actually knows them except for Dave.

The thing is that often very nice people get into breeding dogs before they are aware of all the intricacies of what is entailed. Its this kind of board with people who have a lot of knowledge this is useful. It may very well be that the Pendragons will read comments from more experienced breeders and they will learn from them and go on to make improvements in their practice.

It may be that they are doing the best they can with the knowledge they have at the time but are perfectly willing to improve what they do, once they know that there are better ways of doing things.
This was so nicely put, Purley. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt when possible until they prove me wrong.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have met two Pendragon poodles and their owners (one at my obedience class and one at my cottage) and they have had no complaints about the breeder. The dogs had lovely colour and wonderful temperaments, and no health issues.

·
Super Moderator
2,955 Posts
I have met two Pendragon poodles and their owners (one at my obedience class and one at my cottage) and they have had no complaints about the breeder. The dogs had lovely colour and wonderful temperaments, and no health issues.
Cool!!! If *I* ever become a breeder, I will simply follow Pendragon's breeding practices and if anyone ever questions me, I'll just say it's all OK to not health test, breed back to back, whelp 4 litters within two weeks because the puppies will have "lovely colour and wonderful temperatments, and no health issues" (that are apparent at the moment) and because Vibrant on the Poodle Forum gave me her blessing to breed like this by posting this comment :wacko: :fish:

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
I am sure there are some good situations that DO come out of breeder "types" like this or they would not sell as many dogs as they do.

This breeder took the cake for me:scared:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Cool!!! If *I* ever become a breeder, I will simply follow Pendragon's breeding practices and if anyone ever questions me, I'll just say it's all OK to not health test, breed back to back, whelp 4 litters within two weeks because the puppies will have "lovely colour and wonderful temperatments, and no health issues" (that are apparent at the moment) and because Vibrant on the Poodle Forum gave me her blessing to breed like this by posting this comment :wacko: :fish:
What happened to the mature discussion you were talking about on the other thread?
The comment you just made sounds like something children in primary school would say to each other

·
Super Moderator
2,955 Posts
This was my way of explaining that your post didn't make sense to me...

I stand my my opinion though, just because the puppies from this breeder have nice color, temperaments and no health issues (that are apparent at the moment) DOES NOT mean the breeder is following decent breeding protocol, and I felt your comment was dismissing that fact because the puppies turn out ok... Sometimes when I hang out with people who act like they're in elementary school, it rubs off on me! Mea culpa...

·
Registered
8 Posts
What is the matter with you people

Do you realize how jealous and envious you people sound slamming the Pendragon Poodle line. Your posts are based out of ignorance. If you had ever actually been to their place or met their dogs you could not say what you are saying. I have two Pendragon dogs. They are super healthy and super friendly and super intelligent. They are the ideal family pet. My previous Standard was from show stock and resulting in 13 years of heart ache as the breeder was trying for the perfect show dog and the animal suffered as a result. I was not going to go through that again, so I chose them because their breeding practices ARE in the best interest of the puppies and parents health and longevity. I will never buy another "show quality" dog again and am looking forward to aquiring another Pendragon Pup for my son's 10th birthday next June. As far as the price I've saved myself thousands of dollars in vet bills by choosing a healthy dog. I know if I were in their shoes I would hire myself an Internet Defamation lawyer and nail your butts to the wall.

·
Registered
12,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Nothing on this thread or the other one you have resurrected was defamatory. Everything reported was picked up from the Pendragon's own web site. I am very happy for you that you had wonderful experience, and hope and pray you will continue to be happy with your Pendragon dogs and your experience with them. Nobody said a puppy should be show quality or perfect...there is no such thing. We all expressed a desire to see health testing done on the parents, and not so much breeding going on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I disagree

When people start throwing around words like health issues and puppy mill and implying they are breeding the same dogs too frequently I would say that those are things that could have an impact on their business. Such statements are defamatory. I purchased from them because of their web site and the obvious love they have for their dogs which is what I saw. Just because they are able to handle multiple litters at the same time, from different dams and sires does not mean they are a mill. Clearly the results speak for themselves and the only thing that could hurt their business are comments born out of ignorance and jealousy. I have met a lot of owners of their dogs over the last 9 years and they have all been happy so you can save your prayers for some other breeder's dogs.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Do you realize how jealous and envious you people sound slamming the Pendragon Poodle line. Your posts are based out of ignorance. If you had ever actually been to their place or met their dogs you could not say what you are saying. I have two Pendragon dogs. They are super healthy and super friendly and super intelligent. They are the ideal family pet. My previous Standard was from show stock and resulting in 13 years of heart ache as the breeder was trying for the perfect show dog and the animal suffered as a result. I was not going to go through that again, so I chose them because their breeding practices ARE in the best interest of the puppies and parents health and longevity. I will never buy another "show quality" dog again and am looking forward to aquiring another Pendragon Pup for my son's 10th birthday next June. As far as the price I've saved myself thousands of dollars in vet bills by choosing a healthy dog. I know if I were in their shoes I would hire myself an Internet Defamation lawyer and nail your butts to the wall.
So much wrong with this... You have less than ten posts and you're already on here reviving a dead thread, and telling people off?

If that doesn't angrily scream troll, I don't know what does. But, maybe I'm just jealous and envious. :eyeroll:

·
Registered
12,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
When people start throwing around words like health issues and puppy mill and implying they are breeding the same dogs too frequently I would say that those are things that could have an impact on their business. Such statements are defamatory. I purchased from them because of their web site and the obvious love they have for their dogs which is what I saw. Just because they are able to handle multiple litters at the same time, from different dams and sires does not mean they are a mill. Clearly the results speak for themselves and the only thing that could hurt their business are comments born out of ignorance and jealousy. I have met a lot of owners of their dogs over the last 9 years and they have all been happy so you can save your prayers for some other breeder's dogs.
No, I will continue to pray for the health and well being of their puppies, because if the parents are indeed not health tested, there is a very real possibility of things cropping up in the future. There are issues in every line of Standard Poodles, and while health testing surely does not guarantee a breeder will never have problems in their lines, it is a gigantic step in the right direction. Do they health test? Have you yourself seen results? Because it is not mentioned on their web site and I cannot find any results on Poodle Health Registry.

·
Registered
12,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
You know, the sad thing is...this thread was dead and buried months ago. By resurrecting it, you have now brought their breeding practices to the forefront yet again. I am sure by now when folks Googled Pendragon Poodles, the threads from this forum had begun to disappear from the list Google would have compiled. NOW, it will start all over again.

41 - 60 of 164 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.