Poodle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
We live in the British Columbia interior. The snow is thigh deep around here, even deeper at our daughter's home in Revelstoke. I have been snowshoeing around town for weeks! I have to break trail when I take our Spoo into the woods or he is immobilized. At 30" at the shoulder and about 85 pounds, he is an amazing all terrain trail dog, but this snow is crazy deep. This photo shows over 3 feet of roof accumulation

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
HEAVEN!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Wow, you got some great pictures!! My dogs hate the snow! I tried so hard last year to get Miracle to follow me and play in it, but she kept wanting to go back to the porch. When I was younger, I had dogs that would race in it. We would plow out a circular path in the backyard, and they would run around it like it was a track, lol.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Now we've got freezing rain headed our way, with wind gusts in the forecast up to 50 mph! It's time to cozy up inside and work on staying calm and happy while all sorts of scaaaary noises come at us from all directions. Peggy thinks the big growling snowplow monster is especially worrisome! It tried to eat her while she pooped last night!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Wow, you got some great pictures!! My dogs hate the snow! I tried so hard last year to get Miracle to follow me and play in it, but she kept wanting to go back to the porch. When I was younger, I had dogs that would race in it. We would plow out a circular path in the backyard, and they would run around it like it was a track, lol.
Our daughter has a daycare and her husband used the snow blower to carve trails for the kids to run in. Otherwise the snow would be way over their heads!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Now we've got freezing rain headed our way, with wind gusts in the forecast up to 50 mph! It's time to cozy up inside and work on staying calm and happy while all sorts of scaaaary noises come at us from all directions. Peggy thinks the big growling snowplow monster is especially worrisome! It tried to eat her while she pooped last night!

View attachment 463723
Poor Peggy! Can't a Poodle even poop in peace?

·
Registered
10,289 Posts
Great pictures! Peggy is definitely lovin' it. Very cute.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Haha! That first snow frisee photo made me burst out laughing!
Your stories and photos so remind me of my Spoo's first snow :) He still loves it, but won't wear a coat and never seems to get cold unless it is under about 5 or 10 F on his feet.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Haha! That first snow frisee photo made me burst out laughing!
Your stories and photos so remind me of my Spoo's first snow :) He still loves it, but won't wear a coat and never seems to get cold unless it is under about 5 or 10 F on his feet.
I'll admit - she really didn't need the coat. 😂 But it's so cute and she's never had a good chance to wear it.

It did keep some of her snow-free, which was nice. Those snowball legs are a nightmare! I ended up putting her in the bath, which she LOVES but I do not.

·
Registered
49 Posts
L
Love Peggy in the snow - what adorable pictures - what fun!
LOVED all the pictures of Peggy in the snow!!! I was surprised (don't know why) at how much my puppy loves the snow. I was really worried about getting him in the winter because of cold and snow and that turned out to be a non-issue :)

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
L

LOVED all the pictures of Peggy in the snow!!! I was surprised (don't know why) at how much my puppy loves the snow. I was really worried about getting him in the winter because of cold and snow and that turned out to be a non-issue :)
I'm so happy your puppy loved it, too! I was a little worried when Peggy's first response was to bark at it. But a few seconds later, she was in love.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts