Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,892 Posts
First snow every year still is a happy event to our dogs! When there is enough of it let us know if she buries her head in it. Lily especially thinks that is tons of fun.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Love all the photos of Peggy enjoying the snow. We don't get snow usually but if we do its just a dusting. I use to love the snow when I lived in NY/NJ until I didn't. lol
I'm from Toronto and still LOVE the snow, but my husband's from Wisconsin and vowed to never live in a snowy region EVER again. We compromised on this town, which gets occasional light snowfalls, if any at all, but has the mountains within easy driving distance.

Unfortunately for my poor husband, we got a record dump last year and were snowed in for days. He had to snowshoe downtown to get coffee. ?

·
Super Moderator
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A successful second day in the snow with more on the way!

The highlight so far was definitely this morning. Peggy was exploring the fresh blanket of white in the backyard and accidentally stepped on the edge of a buried, upside down frisbee. It flipped up and threw a frisbee's worth of snow in her face. Oh the look she gave me. ?

Sweet snowy dreams, PF.

·
Registered
404 Posts
We've a saying in Canada.
The first snow is magical... it's the last snow that's not.
Haha!here is a picture from Revelstoke , British Columbia for you. This is our son in law 's pick up truck which is buried up to the Windows. We have been helping to shovel snow off of the roof because roof trusses collapsing from snow load is not uncommon here

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
404 Posts
I'm from Toronto and still LOVE the snow, but my husband's from Wisconsin and vowed to never live in a snowy region EVER again. We compromised on this town, which gets occasional light snowfalls, if any at all, but has the mountains within easy driving distance.

Unfortunately for my poor husband, we got a record dump last year and were snowed in for days. He had to snowshoe downtown to get coffee.
We live in the British Columbia interior. The snow is thigh deep around here, even deeper at our daughter's home in Revelstoke. I have been snowshoeing around town for weeks! I have to break trail when I take our Spoo into the woods or he is immobilized. At 30" at the shoulder and about 85 pounds, he is an amazing all terrain trail dog, but this snow is crazy deep. This photo shows over 3 feet of roof accumulation

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 44 Posts