Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
what a great pic! they look like lilacs. we have a bush outside of them they bloomed for like a day then they died on us. I love the smell they release!

Premium Member
Peggy are those lilacs? If they are I absolutely understand why you buried your head in them. I think they smell divine!

Reactions: Whoiscoconut

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #9
What ARE those pretty blue flowers? Probably too frost sensitive for here, sigh, but they are very pretty!
Ceanothus. (Around here, we call them California Lilac or Mountain Lilac.)

They really are extraordinary. They're like an eye massage. Or a soul massage. I just have to gaze at them for a minute and I feel better.

We're in plant hardiness zone 8b, and these guys are about 20 years old.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #10
what a great pic! they look like lilacs. we have a bush outside of them they bloomed for like a day then they died on us. I love the smell they release!
Peggy are those lilacs? If they are I absolutely understand why you buried your head in them. I think they smell divine!
My favourite part of our property!

They're called Ceanothus, commonly referred to as California Lilac or Mountain Lilac. They're not a true lilac, so don't actually smell like lilac, sadly. But the birds and bees looove them.

Premium Member
Oh thanks for that insight. I planted real lilacs last year. Tiny ones from costco so no flowers yet.

Reactions: PeggyTheParti

Registered
Oh Peggy, the evidence is right on your nose! Gorgeous flowers, I was wondering if they were some type of hydrangea. Can鈥檛 grow that here- All sorts of possibilities in zone 8- here in the north country I鈥檓 a little more limited.
I just planted a wisteria vine, I鈥檝e always wanted one. We still have to build a support for it, has a few blossoms that are now fading. Hopefully it survives the winter!

Attachments

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #15
Oh Peggy, the evidence is right on your nose! Gorgeous flowers, I was wondering if they were some type of hydrangea. Can鈥檛 grow that here- All sorts of possibilities in zone 8- here in the north country I鈥檓 a little more limited.
I just planted a wisteria vine, I鈥檝e always wanted one. We still have to build a support for it, has a few blossoms that are now fading. Hopefully it survives the winter!
I've got northern blood (love the snow!!) but zone 8's been a revelation for me. There always seems to be something in bloom. It was especially fun moving into the former home of a passionate gardener. There were many beautiful surprises here our first few years.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for your wisteria vine this winter! I dream of someday having a blue wisteria tree. Like something out of a fairytale.

Registered
Thanks PTP.Never heard of a wisteria tree until now! They鈥檙e beautiful.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts