Poodle Forum banner
1881 - 1900 of 1956 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,680 Posts
Asta is snoozing too right now after chronic insomnia kept us up last night. Continued thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Dear Peggy,

I am very sorry to hear that BOTH of your humans have caught the boring illness. That's terribly unfair of them to do to you when you are on vacation.

When my human caught the boring illness, she fed me all my meals from my Wobbler and that was pretty fun. I got my food as a 3 course meal! My human says that might be a bit too noisy in a condo though.

When I was really bored, I also poked her with my nose until she got up off the couch and went and sat on the lawn in the shade instead, with me on a long leash. It was still SITTING but at least it was OUT. Have you tried poking your humans to restart them? Sometimes that helps when humans are being boring.

We also played the sit/down and throw food game. She says sit, I sit, and then she throws my treats to the other end of the room for me to get it. It's a lot of work but kinda fun. My human said she was too tired to remember what other tricks I know or play rally.

Towards the end when my human was feeling a bit better, my friend came over and took me on a run, and then another friend came over and took me on a really long walk. I am very lucky I have such good human friends who come to visit me! I guess with you being away, your friends probably don't know where to find you.

I hope your humans feel better soon and get back to being un-boring. Cuddling is all well and good, but it's pretty boring after a while.

Your friend,

Annie xoxoxo

·
Premium Member
5,680 Posts
Isn't the healing power of poodle pictures super fun. Sick, or down in mood everything looks much better after you've smiled at poodle pics. I can readily attest to this. So, Tom, thanks for posting Elroy here where I can see. Hopefully Elroy, too, will lend some cheer to Peggy's family.

·
Premium Member
15,179 Posts
Hoping you both improve soon - bad enough being sick at home with a support network all around you; extra miserable to be away with no one to call upon and an unfamiliar health system to navigate. Poor Peggy, too, but a little boredom now and then is good for dogs and humans - time to recharge batteries, and makes the interesting times even more fun.

·
Administrator
14,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,892 ·
Hoping you both improve soon - bad enough being sick at home with a support network all around you; extra miserable to be away with no one to call upon and an unfamiliar health system to navigate. Poor Peggy, too, but a little boredom now and then is good for dogs and humans - time to recharge batteries, and makes the interesting times even more fun.
She’s doing a remarkable job of staying settled, even though she sometimes looks like she wants to moan about it. After the non-stop stimulation of the early days of our trip, I think you’re right a little boredom is not a bad thing.

·
Administrator
14,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,893 ·
Dear Peggy,

I am very sorry to hear that BOTH of your humans have caught the boring illness. That's terribly unfair of them to do to you when you are on vacation.

When my human caught the boring illness, she fed me all my meals from my Wobbler and that was pretty fun. I got my food as a 3 course meal! My human says that might be a bit too noisy in a condo though.

When I was really bored, I also poked her with my nose until she got up off the couch and went and sat on the lawn in the shade instead, with me on a long leash. It was still SITTING but at least it was OUT. Have you tried poking your humans to restart them? Sometimes that helps when humans are being boring.

We also played the sit/down and throw food game. She says sit, I sit, and then she throws my treats to the other end of the room for me to get it. It's a lot of work but kinda fun. My human said she was too tired to remember what other tricks I know or play rally.

Towards the end when my human was feeling a bit better, my friend came over and took me on a run, and then another friend came over and took me on a really long walk. I am very lucky I have such good human friends who come to visit me! I guess with you being away, your friends probably don't know where to find you.

I hope your humans feel better soon and get back to being un-boring. Cuddling is all well and good, but it's pretty boring after a while.

Your friend,

Annie xoxoxo
Annie, I sadly cannot seem to rattle many trick ideas out of my head these days. Like your human was, I’m just too tired. We are very lucky to have poodles as understanding as you and Peggy. And thank goodness for dryer balls and bully sticks.

Wood Grey Stuffed toy Toy Bird nest

The tiredness just seems to get worse and worse. Talking is hard and thinking is even harder.

Late last night, the smoke detector went off. We must have looked ridiculous, two covid-addled humans trying to figure out the situation while a poodle stared up at us in horror.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I am so glad you have dryer balls, Auntie Peggy. My mum gave me one recently, but it’s since disappeared. I’m not sure if it’s because I took a chunk out of it or not... she never really explained the rules. Maybe it went under the couch. I should go stand there and stare and see what happens.

I wish I could send you a chippie from my garden. I plan on mailing one to Annie too. There are plenty here to go around!

love Bennie

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Good heavens, you two are having an awful time of it. I am so sorry 😞! So many hospitalizatios all over right now. This is a big, bad deal. Please eat and hydrate, both of you, as much as you can. 😘

·
Registered
322 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,179 Posts
Fresh air and greenery to rest your eyes upon are so important - hoping you improve soon.

1881 - 1900 of 1956 Posts