Poodle Forum banner

141 - 160 of 173 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
oh oh that be such a riot Peggy. This last group of photos I really loved. You will be glad to have so many pictures as your girl matures. Its fun to take a look back on those early puppy's days.

·
Super Moderator
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
oh oh that be such a riot Peggy. This last group of photos I really loved. You will be glad to have so many pictures as your girl matures. Its fun to take a look back on those early puppy's days.
She sure knows how to get the most out of a Sunday! Now she's very restless and we're wondering if she might be hearing some firecracker pops in the distance. This will be our first 4th of July with her, and each year the "festivities" seem to start earlier and earlier. I'm a little nervous!

·
Super Moderator
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Wow it's gorgeous there! Misha says I should ship him off to join Peggy on those lovely hikes.
I hope you'd come, too! Just pure wild goodness, everywhere you look.

We packed up everything and moved here from across the country, without even visiting first. Not a single regret.

·
Super Moderator
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
I'd love to visit! I can't take cold winters but I'm sure summers are amazing.
Mild summers. Mild winters. But can always travel up into the mountains for snow.

This was a key compromise for us, as I love snow and my husband loathes it.

·
Super Moderator
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Peggy decided she wanted to play in the backyard this evening, but only if I'd come and watch her play. Lucky me! So I grabbed a drink and my iPhone, and pulled up a deck chair.....

Silly me. I left the clicker around my wrist from an earlier training session. Can you tell what we were working on?

(If you guessed "Look at Me," you are correct!)

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
You both are doing very well💗 I'm impressed with you and Peggy, you already taught her basic commands, she walks nicely on her leash, she knows targeting, and she is so willing and ready to train, and you can take her places without her going absolutely insane!!!!! Can I come and stay with you guys?

·
Super Moderator
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
You both are doing very well💗 I'm impressed with you and Peggy, you already taught her basic commands, she walks nicely on her leash, she knows targeting, and she is so willing and ready to train, and you can take her places without her going absolutely insane!!!!! Can I come and stay with you guys?
Lol! I agree she's very eager to learn. But she doesn't always walk nicely on leash, and she regularly goes insane. I PROMISE. She's a ton of work. I'm sorry if I've not made that clear here.

If you tried coming into our house right now, she'd go absolutely wild because we haven't had any company since Christmas.

·
Super Moderator
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #156 (Edited)
I grudgingly brought Peggy to the beach today. My husband was heading out for a kayak, and I'd envisioned myself just lounging on the shore, letting my mind drift with the waves.

But if I don't suck it up and sweat my way through a new training opportunity, I don't get to reap the benefits. Enjoying a companion dog requires investing in a sometimes exhausting puppy. Plus, how could I deny her this?

Mostly she did okay, but it wasn't easy. She barked and growled more than a few times. There were so many sights and smells and brand new tastes—plus people coming and going and dogs barking in the distance—I think she blew past threshold within the first five minutes.

But her recall was 100%. Just typing that makes me smile. And she bravely plunged into the sea, over and over again, as if she does it every day.

At one point she dunked her head in the water for quite some time, and then proudly brought me a small white shell.

Happy Canada Day.

·
Registered
65 Posts
She’s so cute and it’s pretty amazing that her recall was 100%! I’m sure she slept well when you guys were done! I took my spoo to the lake on Canada day as well and she was okay behaved....until she brought me a fish she caught underwater 😬

Have you guys tried Peggy in the kayak? My spoo loves the kayak and she just sits between my legs and looks around.

·
Super Moderator
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
She’s so cute and it’s pretty amazing that her recall was 100%! I’m sure she slept well when you guys were done! I took my spoo to the lake on Canada day as well and she was okay behaved....until she brought me a fish she caught underwater 😬

Have you guys tried Peggy in the kayak? My spoo loves the kayak and she just sits between my legs and looks around.
A fish!! Ha! That's amazing.

We've yet to try putting Peggy in the kayak, but did briefly consider a tandem for that purpose. I'd really like to get one that you sit on top of, rather than inside. I might be able to coax her on with me, but I'd probably choose warmer water to try it in. I suspect I'll be getting wet!

141 - 160 of 173 Posts