Poodle Forum banner

81 - 100 of 125 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #87
Awww, Peggy girl! Cone heads are super fashionable for poodles. Lacey might be cool enough to sport that look and copy her idol Peggy.

She hasn鈥檛 gotten a chance to play 鈥渇ind it.鈥 I should try it sometime because I know she鈥檇 love it.
I torment her with the clippers every day now. Sweet patient girl. 馃槀 I'm going to take another stab at that conehead, so tell Lacey not to commit to her new 'do just yet.

And yes, definitely try "Find It" with Lacey! You'll know pretty quickly if she's into it. Peggy learned the rules in about 5 seconds, and doesn't even seem to realize she's practising her wait command while I hide a toy.

It's really cute watching her slowly explore the room, searching with her nose. She gets a little better every time. Now she can distinguish between multiple hidden objects if I tell her at the start which one she needs to find.

Registered
So cute! Her looks are precious, with the paper towel, she looks like she could be saying 鈥渁nd what about it?!鈥 Gracie has been enthralled with an empty plastic plant pot for the last few days. As we speak, she is walking around with it covering her head pretty much. I snapped a couple pics, but they鈥檙e a little dark. They do make you smile don鈥檛 they? At least most of the time, lol.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #90
Peggy's been much more active at home lately, with no training or play dates to burn off her energy. And the humans can only do so much!

Here she is sad because no one will play with her Himalayan yak cheese.

Here she is sad because no one will play with her toilet paper roll.

Here she is sad because no one will play with her tennis ball.

Registered
Poor, neglected Peggy, so dejected she is, how could you not throw a ball for her 24/7?
Gracie always has something she is carrying around, Lily too, although Lily has calmed down now, it only took ten years, lol! Strong retriever roots in these girls.

Registered
Discussion Starter #92
Poor, neglected Peggy, so dejected she is, how could you not throw a ball for her 24/7?
Gracie always has something she is carrying around, Lily too, although Lily has calmed down now, it only took ten years, lol! Strong retriever roots in these girls.
10 years is such a golden age.

I'm actually surprised by how much I'm enjoying Peggy's retriever genes. The incessant pleas for a game of fetch are admittedly annoying, but that soft mouth is so special. I love putting my hand in there. 馃槀

Registered
Discussion Starter #94
At least Peggy's puppy-ness is shining through in these horrible quarantine haircuts I've been giving her....

She's obviously uncomfortable when I try working on her snout, so I don't want to push it. She's been a very good girl perched on the dining room table (!!!!) I've been using for our sessions.

Still waiting on a new blade before I tackle her body.

Registered
Discussion Starter #96
So the conehead is gone Yea. Love the pix with the flowering tree.
Haha! Yay! No more conehead! And it's velvety soft.

I adore that tree. Whenever we talk about moving someday, I think about how much I'll miss it. I believe it's a star magnolia.

Registered
I'm so happy that it was a success馃帀馃帀馃帀馃帀馃帀馃帀馃帀馃槑!!

It's hard work being a constant companion:
I really have to remember this, so I'm going to write that down. I can still feel worried, and insecure about, and question Sisko. Sometimes I question if something is wrong with him. I just did it today, because he was messing with one of my cats pretty intensely and I had to give him a time out, and he lost it and threw the biggest temper tantrum!! He hadn't done that in a long time. He can also be so silly to the point where he doesn't seem intelligent, so he doesn't seem to bright often. I've never had a dog like this before. I signed up for training classes online, and he has gotten better and I've learned more, but even so I still want help from a trainer when I can.

Registered
Discussion Starter #99
I'm so happy that it was a success馃帀馃帀馃帀馃帀馃帀馃帀馃帀馃槑!!

I really have to remember this, so I'm going to write that down. I can still feel worried, and insecure about, and question Sisko. Sometimes I question if something is wrong with him. I just did it today, because he was messing with one of my cats pretty intensely and I had to give him a time out, and he lost it and threw the biggest temper tantrum!! He hadn't done that in a long time. He can also be so silly to the point where he doesn't seem intelligent, so he doesn't seem to bright often. I've never had a dog like this before. I signed up for training classes online, and he has gotten better and I've learned more, but even so I still want help from a trainer when I can.
I bet it's hard to remember sometimes that he's still growing up. When I think about the way I behaved in my late teens, I'm rather humiliated. I had moments of adultness, but also moments in which my brain absolutely turned off.

In a dog that's not yet reached maturity, it really is like they react sometimes without thinking. I find it's best to focus on the progress, ignore the momentary lapses as much as possible, and calmly resume routine.

Is your home life pretty relaxed? If not, that could also be a big factor if he's a high-strung or sensitive poodle.

Registered
Is your home life pretty relaxed? If not, that could also be a big factor if he's a high-strung or sensitive poodle.
Yeah, I would say that my home life is pretty relaxed, I think the most exciting thing that happens is when my cats are running around. When I first got him seemed so chill, but one of my cats jumped on him while I was playing a video game and I got scared from it and screamed and she jumped on him and she did it a few more times after that when I would scream, she stopped after 3 or 4 times after that because I had to dump a glass of water on her when she did it the last time.

He didn't have any training while I was sick and it was a long time until I was okay again and ready to train him. Could this have left a negative impact on him?

81 - 100 of 125 Posts