Poodle Forum banner
821 - 840 of 870 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #823 ·
Back-to-back play dates! Today’s was in a yard with a lot of fruit on the ground. Peggy struggled not to guard pears from Jasper-the-collie, but overall did better than expected. She readily gave them to humans (phew), and Jasper was very respectful of her signals.

As usual, they spent a lot of time giving each other funny little kisses.

Dog Dog breed Water dog Carnivore Plant

And posed prettily when asked:

Dog Water dog Plant Dog breed Carnivore

If you want to see some guarding in action, check out Peggy in the background:

Dog Shetland sheepdog Rough collie Plant Collie

But she wasn’t very committed...

Dog Rough collie Shetland sheepdog Plant Collie

And unlike her past episodes, it didn’t take much to coax her away to play.

Dog Green Carnivore Dog breed Collar

Home to sleep, please!

Dog Motor vehicle Carnivore Automotive exterior Dog breed

·
Super Moderator
11,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #824 ·
Bringing Gracie to work with me was the greatest gift. I think she felt the same way. Most of the time she’d snooze like this:

Dog Liver Carnivore Dog breed Companion dog

October 6th, 2010

But she was also a dedicated supervisor of lunch breaks.

She’d also sometimes wander out of my office, seemingly for no reason at all, and I’d spot her later getting quiet pets from someone who obviously needed a little pause in their day. Once her job there was done, she’d stroll back into my office and resume her perch next to my desk.

·
Super Moderator
11,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #829 ·
Peggy's eyes speak volumes. I don't always understand, but good thing you do, Mom!
I don’t always understand either! Lol. She brings us items now to signal all sorts of things. The stick seemed to be an attempt to trade for foam from my latte.

·
Super Moderator
11,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #830 ·
“Hold it” is still a work in progress, but when she gets it, she really gets it.

Dog Water dog Dog breed Dog supply Carnivore

I was even able to chat with her a bit, without inadvertently cueing her to drop it.

Dog Water dog Carnivore Dog breed Companion dog

Pretty impressive for a dog who drops things so enthusiastically now, she literally threw a sock onto the kitchen counter the other day. :ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
11,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #831 ·
After getting a lecture about why poodles shouldn’t put their tongues in human mouths, Peggy decided to start snooping through some boxes she’s ignored for the past few weeks.

Caught in the act!

Dog Carnivore Grey Companion dog Wood

Today I’m making a final push to reassemble our house (we were doing some minor renovations) so I guess she figured it was now or never.

·
Registered
52 Posts
How old is Peggy? I can’t believe that there is a stuffie on the ground with all it’s limbs intact and I also noticed you’re lovely leather ottoman. Those would be eaten up here in a second. And “hold it” trick. Fat chance with W. it would turn into a “chew and swallow as quickly as I can” trick! Please tell me it get’s better!

·
Super Moderator
11,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #840 · (Edited)
How old is Peggy? I can’t believe that there is a stuffie on the ground with all it’s limbs intact and I also noticed you’re lovely leather ottoman. Those would be eaten up here in a second. And “hold it” trick. Fat chance with W. it would turn into a “chew and swallow as quickly as I can” trick! Please tell me it get’s better!
Lol. You must have missed the thread where I detailed Peggy’s destruction of Sadie Bear. She had the tail chewed off and the back seam ripped open in minutes. So I removed the stuffing and squeaker and now I just let her play with the “skin.” Or I’ll stuff it with a few half-chewed yak cheeses to make a puzzle.

For some reason having the stuffing and squeaker out really dials down her urge to DESTROY.

She’ll be 2.5 years old this month. :) And yes, it absolutely gets better. Fun classes, lots of positive reinforcement, playing together every day.... That’s our recipe for success. Oh, and puppy proofing isn’t just for puppies!! We’re still very careful about access. Some days she can handle more, some days less. And we’re always mindful of what’s within her reach. She gets lots of rewards for ignoring things that we know might be tempting.

821 - 840 of 870 Posts