Poodle Forum banner
801 - 820 of 870 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,894 Posts
Brrrrr! Poppy is back in a jumper - if her ears are not warm I know she needs an extra layer or two.

·
Super Moderator
11,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #803 ·
Brrrrr! Poppy is back in a jumper - if her ears are not warm I know she needs an extra layer or two.
Good girl, Poppy.

Peggy hops and barks at the sight of her cozy fleece. She hates anything that goes over her head. But as I type this, she’s trembling for the second day in a row. Sigh. Might have to get creative and will definitely not be clipping her so short again until spring. It’s not even that cold here yet. We’re still in the 60s.

Dog Water dog Dog breed Carnivore Working animal

“More blankets, please.”

·
Registered
52 Posts
Such a good girl to not chew on her fleece! And how on earth do you keep all your light coloured furniture, bedding clean with Spoo around!

·
Registered
Evelyn, sable standard poodle
291 Posts
Such a good girl to not chew on her fleece! And how on earth do you keep all your light coloured furniture, bedding clean with Spoo around!
I've never had any issue with staining from Evelyn either. I just don't let him on anything if he's wet and muddy, but I don't put any special effort in either.

·
Super Moderator
11,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #806 ·
I find white linens the easiest to keep clean because you can just bleach the heck of them when necessary!

But generally speaking, as long as we keep Peggy’s feet shaved, she’s not too messy. Sometimes we’ll give them a wipe at the door with a dry towel.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I really love Peggy’s topknot. It seems to have a bit of a curve, which I really like. Could you take a profile picture with her ear up so I can see how your groomer did the line from her eye to the ear? You can put it on your thread here or feel free to send me a picture. Thank you! 😊

·
Super Moderator
11,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #809 ·
I really love Peggy’s topknot. It seems to have a bit of a curve, which I really like. Could you take a profile picture with her ear up so I can see how your groomer did the line from her eye to the ear? You can put it on your thread here or feel free to send me a picture. Thank you! 😊
Are these helpful? I took one with her ear relaxed and another with it pulled back. Peggy thought I was being quite rude. Lol.

Dog breed Dog Water dog Working animal Alpaca

Dog Vertebrate Dog breed Water dog Mammal

Let me know if any other angles would be helpful. Maybe a profile shot in front of a white wall?

·
Registered
Evelyn, sable standard poodle
291 Posts
I don't have a practical reason like Spottytoes, but I'll take all the pictures of Peggy I can get!

·
Registered
912 Posts
She does look annoyed with your shenanigans!

Reactions: PeggyTheParti

·
Super Moderator
11,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #815 ·
Peggy had a busy Sunday. She went for a walk downtown, followed by a run in the field behind the library. And then it was home for a quick nap before running some errands with us. She quite enjoyed this one:

Textile Wall Market People Retail

Water dog Dog Wall Wood Working animal

But two things made her very nervous, and they’ve got me scratching my head. First she recoiled from the smell of an open box of treats. They looked like fish skins, but turned out to be alligator. Peggy gave those a big NOPE.

Then we encountered this white freezer:

Building Interior design Television Floor Flooring

All the other freezers got a casual sniff. But the white one? She hopped back and then looked at me like I was nuts for touching it. ¯\(ツ)

Before we left, we asked her to step onto the scale. (Love that our pet food store has a scale!) She delighted me by carefully sitting on it without even being asked.

47.12 lbs!

She’s only gained about 3 lbs since she was 8 months old, and that was a whole pound in just a few months. I guess she’s filling out a little since her spay.

·
Super Moderator
11,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #818 ·
The pals had quite the play session today.

Cloud Dog Sky Water dog Dog breed

I saw multiple moments that could have turned into squabbles (or worse), but they’re so lovely with one another. Lots of little licks and other forms of appeasement.

Will be interesting to see if the dynamic shifts at all with the collie’s maturity. He’s only a year old.

801 - 820 of 870 Posts