Poodle Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Wow, I love her spots! If I remember correctly, Sisko had dark (not black) spots when he was younger, but they faded.
Peggy's dad still has his brown spots, but the apricot partis in Peggy's litter are almost entirely cream now (like their mom).

It's pretty neat watching the progression of poodle colours.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Peggy's dad still has his brown spots, but the apricot partis in Peggy's litter are almost entirely cream now (like their mom).

It's pretty neat watching the progression of poodle colours.
Whoa, so maybe Peggy will keep her spots like her dad? awwwww

Yeah, it is. Sisko's litter mates were creams, and white and apricot partis. Sisko also has a brother that I think is a red

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Peggy's trainer has made her large fenced property available to us and a few others, one day a week. Last week our "play pack" helped pull a shy Golden out of her shell. This week, a newly rescued terrier mix got to burn off some excited energy. Peggy showed her that mud puddles can be LOTS of fun!

Hooray for shaved feet!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Peggy's trainer has made her large fenced property available to us and a few others, one day a week. Last week our "play pack" helped pull a shy Golden out of her shell. This week, a newly rescued terrier mix got to burn off some excited energy. Peggy showed her that mud puddles can be LOTS of fun!

View attachment 465206

View attachment 465207

View attachment 465220

Hooray for shaved feet!
Nice?! I'm so jealous! You guys sound like you have the best trainer! I've never heard of a trainer doing this and y'all get to help other dogs as well?!?! That's awesome. I love Peggy's shaved feet

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Nice?! I'm so jealous! You guys sound like you have the best trainer! I've never heard of a trainer doing this and y'all get to help other dogs as well?!?! That's awesome. I love Peggy's shaved feet
We definitely feel very lucky!

The dog parks around here attract so many anti-social dogs and oblivious owners. It's so nice to have somewhere that Peggy can not only stretch her legs, but also interact with savvy, engaged humans. Her manners have improved dramatically!*

*But we still have a long way to go. ?

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts

View attachment 465206

View attachment 465207

View attachment 465220

Hooray for shaved feet!

No need to fret about whether her spots will stay or go, she has found a shad of foundation which cover her spots!

·
Registered
763 Posts
We definitely feel very lucky!

The dog parks around here attract so many anti-social dogs and oblivious owners. It's so nice to have somewhere that Peggy can not only stretch her legs, but also interact with savvy, engaged humans. Her manners have improved dramatically!*

*But we still have a long way to go. ?
Yeah, they do! There's a dog park called McCormick that I took Sisko to twice, the first time there were 3 not-too-friendly Huskies that this one guy had, but he came out before Sisko and I went in. There's an indoor dog park. Do you think the screen the dogs coming in? I'll check if they do, I mean they should if they want you to pay $15 to get in.

Ugh, that sounds so nice, like I've dreamed of places like that to take Sisko to. I'm happy her manners have improved drastically ?!

I still have a long way to go with Sisko. You're doing awesome with Peggy!

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Peggy's grooming appointment was cancelled due to the coronavirus, so I'm taking baby steps towards brushing out this coat of hers, and possibly (eventually? maybe?) even clipping it myself.

If I get her up off the ground, she's meek as a lamb. But I still don't trust my skills!

Taking a break from my clumsy efforts, perched sweetly on a towel-draped ottoman.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Peggy's grooming appointment was cancelled due to the coronavirus, so I'm taking baby steps towards brushing out this coat of hers, and possibly (eventually? maybe?) even clipping it myself.

If I get her up off the ground, she's meek as a lamb. But I still don't trust my skills!
Yeah, with all the local groomers closed, it looks like my wife and I might need to get some clippers, and try our hand at poodle grooming ourselves. Avoiding matting is more important than looking handsome.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Yeah, with all the local groomers closed, it looks like my wife and I might need to get some clippers, and try our hand at poodle grooming ourselves. Avoiding matting is more important than looking handsome.
That's what I need to remember. Just do what needs to be done to keep them comfortable.

I don't think I'll attempt Peggy's feet or face. But her topknot feels like a whole second poodle on her head.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts