Poodle Forum banner
701 - 720 of 764 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #708 ·
Love seeing Peggy stretch her legs.

She had a good time at the beach today. We brought two Bionic Urban Sticks for fetch, and they worked better than expected. She paid no attention to the plentiful crab shells and driftwood, which was our goal.

She did have one questionable encounter with a dog that came running up to us. He was right in Peggy’s face, growling at her, while the owners called from the parking lot, “Just let us get the leash off him! That’ll help! He’s aggressive on-leash!

Eek.

Later he stole one of her sticks and she backed right off so I could help her. Good girl, Peggy. But then she gave him a long low growl when he sniffed her bum while she was drinking from her travel bowl.

I’m still not really used to “big dog” dynamics. Little Gracie would also probably have warned him off like that, but it wouldn’t have sounded quite so scary coming from such a pipsqueak. Still, totally appropriate, I think, and a good opportunity for us to show her we’ve got her back.

I shooed him away so she could drink in peace, and they ignored each other until his (really very sweet) owners packed up and left.

·
Super Moderator
11,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #711 ·
I love sleeping Peggy pics. There’s something so tender about them.

I hope your shoulder continues to get better. I got some major feels when I read your post about how she helped ease the tension in your shoulder right after you dislocated it.
I feel that tenderness, too. :) Kind of like watching a busy little toddler finally succumb to their sleepiness. So peaceful.

·
Super Moderator
11,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #712 ·
We pulled up the carpets before bringing home puppy Peggy. The dining room carpet went back down a while ago, but the living room shag has been rolled up in the corner of the master bedroom for over two years. o_O Finally today it goes back where it belongs.

Peggy approves!

But it needs a good vacuum. Um, excuse me...

Ahhhh. Feels good to have the room put back together.

·
Registered
883 Posts
The most precious (allowed) treasure, wool dryer balls!

it’s so funny you just put your carpet back down. Two years ago when Lacey came home I took the rug out of the kitchen and it has been bare since. Now that’s she’s an adult and I don’t have to worry about her ripping up a rug, I purchased a new one and put it down less than a week ago. It feels so nice to have some underfoot padding there again, doesn’t it?

·
Super Moderator
11,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #715 ·
The most precious (allowed) treasure, wool dryer balls!

it’s so funny you just put your carpet back down. Two years ago when Lacey came home I took the rug out of the kitchen and it has been bare since. Now that’s she’s an adult and I don’t have to worry about her ripping up a rug, I purchased a new one and put it down less than a week ago. It feels so nice to have some underfoot padding there again, doesn’t it?
It does! It feels luxurious.

·
Super Moderator
11,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #717 ·
I love your dining room rug. I few years ago I was looking at one very similar but I couldn’t find it when I was looking a couple weeks ago. Can I ask where you got it?
Ours is from West Elm circa 2015. But it looks like they’ve still got it! Colour is “Iron” and it’s held up great, even when senior Gracie was having regular accidents on it. Hope they haven’t sacrificed quality over the years.

701 - 720 of 764 Posts