Poodle Forum banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Today's class more than made up for last week's! Hooray!

After a typical patience-testing settle-in period, where her brain, ears, and nose just completely turn off, Peggy was a solid B+ student, even demonstrating a snappy "Go to your bed" for the whole class! Pretty impressive in an untested environment, with no familiar mat in sight—just a towel provided by our trainer.

Now we get to enjoy a gloriously snoozy poodle for the rest of the day:

"I'm a good girl."

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
We've been bonding up a storm lately.

IMG_5815.JPG

I feel very lucky to have this girl in my life. I also feel very lucky that she doesn't mind when I mess with her adorable face.

She seems to think it's her duty to carefully inspect every nook and cranny of mine, so it's really only fair.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Peggy's newly ferocious door barking has my nerves jangling and my teeth on edge, so I'm looking at this sweet photo from yesterday, hoping it will soothe me:

I used to think the sound of my mini mix's hysterical yapping was the very worst thing. I stand corrected!

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
(Just as I posted that, the neighbourhood dogs erupted into an extended chorus of woofs, barks, awoooooos, and frantic arfs. Peggy remains mercifully silent. I feel guilty now for complaining.)

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
I'm handling poodle adolescence only thanks to the little glimmers of maturity. Those can keep me going for dayssss.
Wow.... you're seeing signs of maturity at 8 months old? How? Why? I didn't see any maturity in Zekefur until he was about 2.5 years!

Loving all the pics of Peggy. She is adorable and beautiful!

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Wow.... you're seeing signs of maturity at 8 months old? How? Why? I didn't see any maturity in Zekefur until he was about 2.5 years!

Loving all the pics of Peggy. She is adorable and beautiful!
Glimmers! Very brief, sometimes very faint glimmers. ? They're really more like glimpses into the future. Like when she spent her first migraine day with me in bed and somehow knew to stay close and quiet. Or even smaller moments, like a soulful lean or head in my lap. They make it easier to imagine her at 2 or 5 or 12.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts