Poodle Forum banner

501 - 520 of 529 Posts

·
Premium Member
Mia, Christmas in June 2010
2,809 Posts
I think I may need a kiddie pool. I don't know where I'd put it though where it wouldn't kill some grass or flowers. I do have a stone patio where the gas grill is. I'll find a place.
Not all poodles love the kiddie pool. Some climb in eagerly, but many dance around the pool, even on hot days.

·
Premium Member
Mia, Christmas in June 2010
2,809 Posts
Talk to the breeder about whether her dogs like swimming. Although there are exceptions, poodles tend to like wading more than open water swimming. That said, they are naturals at water retrieving and my dogs (even the one who made a big show of walking around puddles so shallow they were basically just wet cement) eagerly spring into lakes at the sight of a bumper flying overhead. They LOVE water, they just prefer dipping their toes along the shore.

·
Registered
Standard Poodle (arriving April 21st !!)
625 Posts
Talk to the breeder about whether her dogs like swimming. Although there are exceptions, poodles tend to like wading more than open water swimming. That said, they are naturals at water retrieving and my dogs (even the one who made a big show of walking around puddles so shallow they were basically just wet cement) eagerly spring into lakes at the sight of a bumper flying overhead. They LOVE water, they just prefer dipping their toes along the shore.
Donna said Dad (Maslow) goes boating but hasn't took to swimming, and Mom (Macy) at 2½ years old hasn't been exposed to it. So I guess it not something that she does with them. In time, I'll find out if Elroy likes swimming.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Skipping? She might be flying!

Reactions: PeggyTheParti

·
Super Moderator
9,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #509 ·
I gave Peggy the world’s most hideous haircut, but then she got to play with her friends so all was forgiven. Here she is, post-play, doing her sloppy sleepy puppy sit:

After this photo, she slept straight through the evening and then straight through the night.

·
Registered
Standard Poodle (arriving April 21st !!)
625 Posts
I gave Peggy the world’s most hideous haircut, but then she got to play with her friends so all was forgiven. Here she is, post-play, doing her sloppy sleepy puppy sit:

View attachment 475943

After this photo, she slept straight through the evening and then straight through the night.
She's such a good girl!

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Raincoat people - can you tell me where you bought it. also what size - I am thinking that Peggy might be near to Asta's size. We have tons of rain here especially during winter - tends to dry out in summer. I think this coat may help him to realize that rain is not evil.

·
Super Moderator
9,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #518 ·
501 - 520 of 529 Posts