Poodle Forum banner

461 - 480 of 509 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Peggy Sue, Standard Poodle Born May 2019
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #466 ·
My husband and Peggy had a fun adventure today in the Olympic National Forest:

At one point they climbed a steep hill together only to realize getting down was going to be a much bigger challenge! My husband dropped Peggy’s leash to let her navigate her way safely down ahead of him. She went slowly at first, and then let herself slide quickly to the bottom. Back on flat ground, she turned around and realized my husband had made only a few feet of progress. So...she clambered back up and then ran/slid back down again, repeating this multiple times with what he described as pure joy. For the rest of their hike, she looked to him whenever they passed a steep drop-off, hoping for permission to go skittering down. I guess Peggy has a new hobby. :)

·
Registered
Standard Poodle (arriving April 21st !!)
458 Posts
My husband and Peggy had a fun adventure today in the Olympic National Forest:

View attachment 475092

At one point they climbed a steep hill together only to realize getting down was going to be a much bigger challenge! My husband dropped Peggy’s leash to let her navigate her way safely down ahead of him. She went slowly at first, and then let herself slide quickly to the bottom. Back on flat ground, she turned around and realized my husband had made only a few feet of progress. So...she clambered back up and then ran/slid back down again, repeating this multiple times with what he described as pure joy. For the rest of their hike, she looked to him whenever they passed a steep drop-off, hoping for permission to go skittering down. I guess Peggy has a new hobby. :)
Weeeeeeee! I used to do that when I was a kid too! We slid down the sand dunes here though!

461 - 480 of 509 Posts