Poodle Forum banner

301 - 320 of 380 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #305
I love having a dog that's not afraid of the vacuum:

Every time I watch her give it a curious sniff before flopping down for a snooze, I think about all the work we put into acclimating her to its presence: The slow introduction. The puppy classes. The playful, positive reinforcement.

And then I think about all the hours—the invisible efforts—that go into "good dogs" in general, how it's so easy to compare our dogs-in-progress to the glimpses we see of other dogs, in person or online.

Comparison is the thief of joy.

·
Super Moderator
7,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #306
Just a normal night at home: My husband with some artwork and Peggy with her chew.

Our trainer and I did some reminiscing this week, about Peggy's rocky start and how it might've gone differently. I still carry some of that old anxiety with me. It flares especially bright when I think about how her behaviour may change after her spay, which is tentatively scheduled for the spring.

But mostly I just can't believe what a good girl she is. Whatever the future holds, we're so lucky to have right now.

·
Registered
Olive, black miniature poodle, 9 months old
311 Posts
I am putting my ornamaments only on the top of the tree. Olive, being a small poodle, has not been able to grab one yet. But we both know if she ever gets one, she will be back for more. Luckily, most of the ornaments are plastic so she may not break it.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Lol.

It doesn't help that the first time she gently nosed the tree, a ball-shaped ornament dropped to the floor! So now, as far as she's concerned, it's a ball dispenser.
When Charlie was a pup, he infuriated our daughter by carefully harvesting every one of the nice coloured balls she used in an artistic display on her front porch and carrying off all of the booty. As far as Charlie was concerned, those were Poodle Toys, ripe for the plucking.

·
Super Moderator
7,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #320
🤣 This had me cracking up.
Me, too. Thanks for the laugh, @Liz!

Today I found a tiny piece of my book in my bed. I keep my book under my pillow and it was still exactly where it was supposed to be. This fluffy sneak managed to chew the corner off without disturbing it!

I fear I may have a budding criminal on my hands. There's been more mischief in the last 24 hours than in her previous 18 months combined.

301 - 320 of 380 Posts