Poodle Forum banner

221 - 240 of 245 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
This isn't the best photo, but it made me laugh.

Peggy was very bored tonight—draping her head dramatically across my chest, cycling through her various chews and toys, and then finally disappearing only to return with.....a dish towel?

She tossed it in the air a few times and then gave me this look. I sure wish I spoke Poodle!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thought I'd create a space to share some of my favourites. Here's Peggy today, enjoying a quiet moment with my husband:

View attachment 463950

View attachment 463949

She will be 8 months old tomorrow and is in desperate need of a good grooming. Her ear hair especially is starting to mat. Might have to clip them nice and short.

OMG A MODEL LOOKING BEAUTY!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
450 Posts
I was on the phone with my mom yesterday, when Peggy walked in like this...

View attachment 468960

My mom didn't understand why I was laughing so hard, so I had to take a pic.

(That's painter's tape, by the way. My husband was doing some work around the house, and his "helper" decided to help herself to a treasure.)
Your pictures are always great. Our Charlie has a flying disc with a hole and he prances around with his eyes totally obscured

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
I noticed that Peggy is sitting in a dog hammock in your vehicle. We have one of those too! Aren’t they the best? It worked really well for our Great Dane and it works great for Bobby too! I love your Peggy pictures. 😊

·
Super Moderator
5,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
I noticed that Peggy is sitting in a dog hammock in your vehicle. We have one of those too! Aren’t they the best? It worked really well for our Great Dane and it works great for Bobby too! I love your Peggy pictures. 😊
Yes! We love ours! We originally got one from Ross and it had a horrible plasticky smell that refused to fade, so I got a replacement from Chewy. Their customer service was so kind and helpful. We're very happy with this one.

It was especially useful when she was a puppy, to prevent her from "investigating" anything we stashed on the floor.

·
Super Moderator
5,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #233
Oooh... wool dryer ball. Annie would love that, and no annoying thumping noises... thanks for the idea!
Peggy LOVES them. I fought it for a while, but quickly figured out it's best to pick your battles. Why withold something that has such high value? The first day I just handed her one she looked shocked. Lol.

She holds them so gently and they're great for tossing for midair catches.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I know your husband is an honorary Canadian, and the first thing I noticed was his t shirt. Makes me smile.

It’s funny that you see Peggy as shaggy before her grooming appointment, since most people outside the poodle world would see a tidy dog. But those freshly shaved beautiful faces become irresistible!
I know. I do Misha's every week because I'm addicted to that nice smooth snoot. I don't even know what he would look like with a furry face haha. But I admit I'm crazy. I think a groom on a spoo lasts a bit longer because of their larger size. It takes longer for them to look unkempt.

·
Super Moderator
5,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #237
I know. I do Misha's every week because I'm addicted to that nice smooth snoot. I don't even know what he would look like with a furry face haha. But I admit I'm crazy. I think a groom on a spoo lasts a bit longer because of their larger size. It takes longer for them to look unkempt.
There's a cute fuzzy stage—it lasts about two weeks—and then abruptly it's not cute to me anymore. What amazes me is that my husband now agrees! We still disagree over her topknot, though. I, too, wish we could just shave it down. But....it doesn't look right. Can't convince me otherwise!

But those freshly shaved beautiful faces become irresistible!
I especially appreciate being able to see her eyes. Maybe if she had those cute buttony toy eyes, they'd still pop. But they just disappear.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
There's a cute fuzzy stage—it lasts about two weeks—and then abruptly it's not cute to me anymore. What amazes me is that my husband now agrees! We still disagree over her topknot, though. I, too, wish we could just shave it down. But....it doesn't look right. Can't convince me otherwise!

I especially appreciate being able to see her eyes. Maybe if she had those cute buttony toy eyes, they'd still pop. But they just disappear.
I agree with the eyes. Dogs have a wide range of facial expressions and you just can't see them well when the face is covered in hair.

·
Super Moderator
5,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #240
Peggy's gone from a little antsy, but overall very calm, to lethargic and slightly anxious. This smoke on top of her recent heat on top of covid is an adolescent poodle nightmare.

To be honest, I'm a little worried her development has been derailed. :( Just hoping her puppy foundation was solid enough to help her bounce back when (if?) we can ever be social again. And our bond is certainly deepening in the meantime.

Here she is today playing a (very) leisurely game of "Lazy Flirt Pole."

221 - 240 of 245 Posts