Poodle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Speaking of eye infections after going to the groomer, I had the same issue with my previous Spoo. When I watched several YouTube poodle grooming videos I was grossed out. These were supposedly professional groomers and they usually stick to the same routine which Is doing the sanitary shave followed by the face shave using the same blade! Now that I am doing the grooming on my current spoo, I try to do the Face first with disinfected blades or make sure to use a fresh blade only for the face. You would think that would be obvious but ....

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Lollll! Thank you for the big laugh. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

She loves that rug so darn much. Not sure why we waited so long to put it back down. Was only supposed to be a temporary puppy thing.

I think she thinks it’s one big Peggy bed.
Would be really funny if you had one of those cow hide rugs. She would be invisible.

Property Rectangle Wood Interior design Floor

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Wow, amazing work. Do you do a lot of prep like make the flowers the day before and put them in the fridge? I did some Covid baking in the beginning and found doing everything from scratch on baking day basically took me all day.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Yeah, it’s very time-consuming! This was probably a 10-hour process, beginning the day before when I baked and crumb-coated the cake. Then I made another batch of buttercream and did all my decorating the next day while my husband watched the Super Bowl. :)

I freeze my piped flowers and leaves for at least 30 minutes before placing them on the cake. Even then, they’re hard to handle within minutes. I find crusting buttercream much easier, but the end result isn’t as delicate. Plus, it’s murder to pipe compared to a cloud-like meringue-based frosting. My poor shoulders already hate me.
I only made and worked with italian meringue buttercream (from a YouTube video
) and never made flowers as I was doing it all in one day. By the time it came to frosting the cake it was 7pm and I was tired LOL. I did discover beurre noisette and don’t know how I ever lived without having ever tasted something so exquisite. Sorry about the rambling but your beautiful cake brought back those baking memories.
T

1 - 20 of 25 Posts