Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd create a space to share some of my favourites. Here's Peggy today, enjoying a quiet moment with my husband:

She will be 8 months old tomorrow and is in desperate need of a good grooming. Her ear hair especially is starting to mat. Might have to clip them nice and short.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Thought I'd create a space to share some of my favourites. Here's Peggy today, enjoying a quiet moment with my husband:

View attachment 463950

View attachment 463949

She will be 8 months old tomorrow and is in desperate need of a good grooming. Her ear hair especially is starting to mat. Might have to clip them nice and short.
She looks quite regal

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
During Peggy's landshark days, we used the commonly recommended advice to stick a toy in her mouth when she'd chomp on us.

She still mouths when excited, but sometimes remembers she's not supposed to. This morning she couldn't contain herself while I was giving her hello scratches so she grabbed a ball to occupy her mouth:

"Keep scratching, please."

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Today's class was a challenging one! Peggy was all over the place, which gets us frazzled, which in turn affects her focus... And on it goes! But we persevered, trading off handler duties as necessary, and we were rewarded with some very nice moments in the last few minutes of class:

Always end on a good note!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just love Peggy! So adorable and regal and silly all at once. Those eyes have such a look of knowing in them.
Aw. Yep! You've described her quite nicely. :)

And that white third eyelid definitely gives her a comical expression. The other one is brown. I guess it's a parti thing?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had to google what a third eyelid was. I learned something new today thanks to you. How cool that hers are different colors, makes sense that it could be due to her parti coloring. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a parti poodle in real life. They’re not common around my neck of the woods.
I want to give her some good scratches and pets too!
👋☺ I’m glad you have a thread to share pics on. Looking forward to more.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I wondered about the third eyelid! Good to know. I've never seen them different colors before. Do you think she will end up blue? These comparison photos really highlight the difference in coloration. It seems like her muzzle seems a little lighter, but that could just be lighting. Misha's getting occasional pale hairs interspersed in his coat, but overall he is still the same inky black.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts