Poodle Forum banner

Peggy Pics

217K views 3K replies 98 participants last post by  PeggyTheParti 
#1 ·
Thought I'd create a space to share some of my favourites. Here's Peggy today, enjoying a quiet moment with my husband:

She will be 8 months old tomorrow and is in desperate need of a good grooming. Her ear hair especially is starting to mat. Might have to clip them nice and short.

See less See more
#13 ·
During Peggy's landshark days, we used the commonly recommended advice to stick a toy in her mouth when she'd chomp on us.

She still mouths when excited, but sometimes remembers she's not supposed to. This morning she couldn't contain herself while I was giving her hello scratches so she grabbed a ball to occupy her mouth:

"Keep scratching, please."

#18 ·
I had to google what a third eyelid was. I learned something new today thanks to you. How cool that hers are different colors, makes sense that it could be due to her parti coloring. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a parti poodle in real life. They’re not common around my neck of the woods.
I want to give her some good scratches and pets too!
?☺ I’m glad you have a thread to share pics on. Looking forward to more.

#21 ·
I had to google what a third eyelid was. I learned something new today thanks to you. How cool that hers are different colors, makes sense that it could be due to her parti coloring. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a parti poodle in real life. They’re not common around my neck of the woods.
I want to give her some good scratches and pets too!
?☺ I’m glad you have a thread to share pics on. Looking forward to more.
I'd never thought much about those funny eyelids until we fostered a GSD mix last summer, shortly before getting Peggy, and she, too, had mismatched lids! So strange to have two dogs back-to-back, completely different breeds, with such similarly unique colouring.

You can see Charlie's one white lid in this pic:

The other is brown. Such a beauty.

And partis definitely aren't common around here either. Peggy literally stops traffic! People generally assume she's a poodle mix and it's nice to share some of the history of poodle colours with them...though their eyes do tend to glaze over a bit. :LOL:

#19 ·
I wondered about the third eyelid! Good to know. I've never seen them different colors before. Do you think she will end up blue? These comparison photos really highlight the difference in coloration. It seems like her muzzle seems a little lighter, but that could just be lighting. Misha's getting occasional pale hairs interspersed in his coat, but overall he is still the same inky black.

#22 ·
At 9 weeks her coat looked quite rusty in the sun. And now her muzzle definitely looks grey in certain lighting. So I'm not sure how she'll end up! Her dad's a brown and white parti, her mom a lovely cream.

Peggy doesn't have white hairs coming up in the black spots on her body, but she's definitely got them coming in around her eyes!

That's her "What do you mean I'm only supposed to play with the toys and not the toy basket?" face.

When she was smaller, she dragged her toy basket over to the shelf where we kept Gracie's ashes. I'm sure she was just trying to play with her reflection, but it was quite a touching moment nonetheless!

That little cedar box is Gracie's :)

#26 ·
Reposting this from another thread, so I can hopefully look back at it and laugh someday. Poodle adolescence is no joke!

Well, today's grooming didn't go quite as expected. Peggy's in a secondary fear period and apparently fell to pieces at the mere sight of the clippers, cowering on the table as though she hasn't done this at least half a dozen times before.

Confoundingly, this was despite being overjoyed to see her groomer, excitedly following her without so much as a glance back at me. And when I returned to pick her up, she was happily playing with a ball and another dog. A testament to our wonderful groomer, I suppose. She didn't push her and made every effort to keep the experience positive.

So this is who we dropped off:

And this is who we've got now:

We'll return in 3 weeks to take a second stab at her body, tail, and topknot. But for now it's into the crate for a long, much-needed nap. Silly poodle.

#30 ·
Peggy’s head looks like the cutest helmet now with no ear hair ?. I hope her fear period doesn’t last long.
Bella’s second fear period was all about being afraid of night walks. I had to take heron walks at night with her large standard friend so she felt safer until she got used to it again.
I can't stop laughing at her today, which is good because she's SERIOUSLY testing my patience. I wish she had a doggy mentor like Bella's friend.

"I've got my helmet on! Ready for sports!"

#35 ·
So many Peggy pics you’ve blessed us with ?

I LOVE her ears shorter like that. What a pretty girl.

and oh, do I know those days where they really try to test your patience. Gotta love dog adolescence. I feel like Lacey has entered that stage at 6 months old. Sometimes I get frustrated but most of the time I just shake my head and laugh.

#37 ·
I'm taking SO MANY pictures now that she'll hold still for me. It's so exciting! I figure I can just quietly dump them here without bothering anyone. ?

I'm handling poodle adolescence only thanks to the little glimmers of maturity. Those can keep me going for dayssss.

#43 ·
Today's class more than made up for last week's! Hooray!

After a typical patience-testing settle-in period, where her brain, ears, and nose just completely turn off, Peggy was a solid B+ student, even demonstrating a snappy "Go to your bed" for the whole class! Pretty impressive in an untested environment, with no familiar mat in sight—just a towel provided by our trainer.

Now we get to enjoy a gloriously snoozy poodle for the rest of the day:

"I'm a good girl."