Poodle Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
So... I am at the Peticure site and about to place my order! Just wanted to make sure I'm buying the best one!! :help: Peticure Power?? (for a standard poodle) THANKS
http://www.peticure-grooming.com/Peticure-Power_p_0-28362.html

I have that one and it works really well on my yorkie and mini poodle. The only thing is I don't know the speed it's going. In their demo they say not to use over 5000 rpm or something. Of course the pedicure power doesn't match their demo. The paper I got with it says it goes from 5 to 7000 rpm I think so I turn the knob about 2/3.

If I had to buy it again I think I would buy the cap they sell (beware it fits only certain types of dremmel) and try a dremmel. I found a super site explaining just about everything about dremmels and such. He has plenty of pictures to show everything.

http://homepages.udayton.edu/~merensjp/doberdawn/dremel/dremel.html

· Registered
1,002 Posts
I have that one and it works really well on my yorkie and mini poodle. The only thing is I don't know the speed it's going. In their demo they say not to use over 5000 rpm or something. Of course the pedicure power doesn't match their demo. The paper I got with it says it goes from 5 to 7000 rpm I think so I turn the knob about 2/3.

If I had to buy it again I think I would buy the cap they sell (beware it fits only certain types of dremmel) and try a dremmel. I found a super site explaining just about everything about dremmels and such. He has plenty of pictures to show everything.

http://homepages.udayton.edu/~merensjp/doberdawn/dremel/dremel.html
Wow, talk about thorough!! Great info~ THANKS!

· Registered
1,546 Posts
I have one identical to the peticure petite, but here in NZ it is called petcare?
Don't know if it is a rip off brand, but it seems to work well. It only cost me NZD $ 20 which is about USD $14

· Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I returned my pedi-paw and still use our old faithful dremel. It dremels the nails much quicker and works better on a large dog which was the main issue with the pedi-paw...for me.

· Registered
645 Posts
I always dremmeled the english mastiffs nails and for some reason started clipping my spoos well we move in 4 days so have been clipping the nails back and yep you guessed it went to short last night on the last nail oflast paw and blood everywhere.
I am going to work on dremeling if I can find what box I packed it in for Casey today.
They get spayed and Nutered on the 15 I wonder if they will do them well under so I can start short or is that mean They are not crazy long but I am always afraid of going to short so probably don't take enough off and we have 3 acres of grass here so not really wearing them down
New place is townhouse so walks 2xs a day might help LOL

· Registered
1,002 Posts
I returned my pedi-paw and still use our old faithful dremel. It dremels the nails much quicker and works better on a large dog which was the main issue with the pedi-paw...for me.
someone lent me a pedi-paw and I've used it for the puppy (14mos) but I can see how it will be useless as the nails get thicker... I will be getting a regular dremel tool as well!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.