Poodle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the pass few days I been doing all kinds of ped research.
I been looking at what is behind Enzo. Enzo is Carries just about every color known to poodles lol !

The one thing that shocked me is that he Carries blue phantom !!!!!!!!!

My sister and I will only be concentrating on reds and probably blacks.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
That is interesting. I only recently discovered the poodle pedigree site and I spend quite a bit of time there. By have one dog's registered name you can see it's pedigree, the pedigree for the dogs in that pedigree, dog's siblings and offsprings and their pedigrees. I believe OFA scores and the like can be listed too. IMO, it's also a good way to find Poodle breeders who show and do health testing.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is interesting. I only recently discovered the poodle pedigree site and I spend quite a bit of time there. By have one dog's registered name you can see it's pedigree, the pedigree for the dogs in that pedigree, dog's siblings and offsprings and their pedigrees. I believe OFA scores and the like can be listed too. IMO, it's also a good way to find Poodle breeders who show and do health testing.
Yes I am loving it ! I been using this and the one off Planet poodle ! I am about to fill out Enzo's pedigree on Poodle pedigrees

The one on Planet poodle helped me find the red gene in some of todays famous black and white dogs :D I am still looking for more red gene hidden lol

Ideally If we get Black pups out of Enzo they could be bred to any color and produce it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yes I am loving it ! I been using this and the one off Planet poodle ! I am about to fill out Enzo's pedigree on Poodle pedigrees

The one on Planet poodle helped me find the red gene in some of todays famous black and white dogs :D I am still looking for more red gene hidden lol

Ideally If we get Black pups out of Enzo they could be bred to any color and produce it.
What's the URL for Planet poodle please?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I haven't done a search but Star's three generation pedigree from the AKC

showed me she was apricot miniature all the way back to that point.

Previous dogs of mine have had a variety of colors in their pedigrees.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
showed me she was apricot miniature all the way back to that point.

Previous dogs of mine have had a variety of colors in their pedigrees.
Isn't cool ? I do know that the poodle pedigree can be wrong ( color) since people are login info in.

The dog I found that is a blue phantom could be something else . I found a picture of her and the breeder still breeds poodles so I will ask her about the dog today.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I've never seen a blue phantom... I bet thats interesting. I found it interesting that Jazz came from a line of red and brown.. I use the term red loosely here because well...you know how that goes lol. This is according to the incomplete pedigree I recieved from Cont. K.C. it listed the colors on the pedigree. Aparently this person was breeding a lot of brown.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I've never seen a blue phantom... I bet thats interesting. I found it interesting that Jazz came from a line of red and brown.. I use the term red loosely here because well...you know how that goes lol. This is according to the incomplete pedigree I recieved from Cont. K.C. it listed the colors on the pedigree. Aparently this person was breeding a lot of brown.
No offence anyone but I have now seen a blue phantom in person (at the show this weekend) and she was aweful looking. Im sooo sorry for being sooo honest but I knew there was no way in **** that dog would beat me with Sting or the red bitch. Phantoms are not attractive (imo) and the judges didnt seem to like her either.

About the pedigree info sites .... do you guys prefer the planet Poodle over Poodle pedigree? Is one better then the other in your opinion?

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No offence anyone but I have now seen a blue phantom in person (at the show this weekend) and she was aweful looking. Im sooo sorry for being sooo honest but I knew there was no way in **** that dog would beat me with Sting or the red bitch. Phantoms are not attractive (imo) and the judges didnt seem to like her either.

About the pedigree info sites .... do you guys prefer the planet Poodle over Poodle pedigree? Is one better then the other in your opinion?
I like phantoms but just the black and tan ones. The dog in Enzos ped looks like a blue dog with eye brow marks , its really hard to tell if she is a phantom. The other one I saw on parti poodle world was a toy blue phantom and she looks the same as the dog in Enzos pedigree so this kind of makes me believe she probably is a blue phantom. I don't really care for the blue phantoms either.

As for which is better.

I like Poodle pedigree better because more dogs and pedigrees are on there. On Planet poodle only a few pedigrees are listed you can't click on all the dogs names like you can in poodle pedigree. You can only click on the ones highlighted. If you want to do research european poodles and other countries you can get some good info there. I use both if one website is missing info.

I like the lay out of planet poodle better than poodle pedigree. I like how you can look up dogs by color. The site also load faster. But other than that I like poodle pedigree better.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I found a lot of interesting stuff about Reds , you can call them reds but Genetically . Reds, apricots, creams , and whites alleal is the Yellow alleal and it is all lumped together.

I also have a theory about brown dogs in the passed. Reading Anna Katherine Nicholas book they list Reds under brown. So it s possible some brown dogs where actually red and not brown. She specifically states in the book that red brown dogs where rare and that they are the color of a chestnut horse. CH. Blakeen Colorado was one of the red brown standards. But he is listed as brown.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Roxy25,

What dogs are in Enzo's pedigree? I'm just curious to see if there are any dogs in common to the pup I'm getting.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
what is the name of the site? Is is Planet POodle - do you have to put your dogs name in yourself to see the pedigree or is it in there because they are registered with AKC?

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
what is the name of the site? Is is Planet POodle - do you have to put your dogs name in yourself to see the pedigree or is it in there because they are registered with AKC?
http://www.planetpoodle.de/ Planet poodle does not have a big data base like poodle pedigree, You would have to put your dogs name in if its not there ( which most likely it wont be on planet poodle.

As for poodle pedigree you have to read the rules, you have to make sure your dogs pedigree is not listed before you can go and add a new dog.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts