Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So because of the salt I have been researching dog boots - I just received X-small pack of PAWZ - the rubbery snug dog booties that have been recommended to me by several people. I put them on - they are quite snug - I am a little paranoid when it comes to cutting off circulation although I don't think that they are that tight on him. They just fit snug. I just have no experience how snug they are supposed to fit? This is like a two edge sword: on one hand you need them snug or they will fall off on the other hand I don't want him wearing these if they are too tight. To get them on him I wish I had a video to share with you at twice the speed with the Benny Hill soundtrack.... So any input by somebody who has been using them for a while? Also how long do they last? I know they are semi-disposable (which is not great) but still better than paws that are irritated by the excessive salt on our street.

·
Premium Member
6,408 Posts

the video will you an idea also if you go the the pAwz website there is a sizing guide

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Twyla for the video! Somehow I missed that one - although I did see the sizing chart - according to which I ordered the X-Small. I think according to the video we should be fine. Fingers crossed that Louie will be the one dog that actually likes walking with boots - so far ALL my dogs have hated/refused to walk in them....

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He seems quite ok with them - distraction is indeed the answer. Just noticed that the header for this thread was auto-corrected from dog shoes to dog shows - oh well....

·
Registered
419 Posts
I have been searching for dog "mittens" or paw covers for winter wear in the backyard that would be flexible, warm and stay on. I looked at several youtube videos on how to make your own but what does everyone think of this idea?
I have a SnoJam fleece snowsuit for my dog that has stretchy cuffs on the legs (full legs). Why can't I just attached a pocket that can be rolled up or rolled down over the paw? My first idea was to make "idiot mittens" to hold the winter covers on and at the very least they wouldn't be lost out in the snow, but the fold up pocket idea seems more practical, kind of like those mittens that the part that goes over your fingers can be pulled back.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We also have the snow jams and that idea sounds really good to me - if you found baby mittens or booties and added a snap on closure on each leg that may work too. I have tried my grandsons socks and those work but won't stay on for long - which would be helped by being snapped onto the snow-jam legs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts