Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I think Captain has been licking his left paw while he's been in his crate, while I was grooming him this morning I noticed a raw spot on his paw. He has been spending more time in his crate because my husband had abdominal surgery last week, so we've not been home as much as usual. I try to make sure he has a chewy in the crate with him, but I hate that he's been licking his paws out of nerves. Any ideas to keep him occupied in the crate besides chewies? Today I've had him out of the crate since we have actually been home, I groomed him and got him cleaned up and put some hydrogen peroxide on the spot to make sure it was disinfected.

·
Registered
59 Posts
^^^a frozen kong with PB can keep a poo entertained for HOURS. I would definatly try that. I mean...if you had the choice of licking your foot or frozen PB...what would you pick? LOL!

Have you been leaving a radio/tv on for him?

·
Registered
768 Posts
I wish Panda liked PB but he wont touch it, I put good quality ham in there mixed with Natures harvest wet food and he likes that otherwise I put in some salmon mouse (which is just blended salmon) but he wont eat it if its too hard to get out lol!

for a chew I would give something like pizzle as that takes Panda ages to get through or a tripe stick (doesn't take as long but he certainly enjoys it more)

I always have a couple of safe toys in there with him too when I pop out so he can play if he wants but he normally just goes to sleep after I have gone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts