Poodle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We did it!

Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Mode of transport Luggage and bags

We arrived in California a couple of days ago. Have been super busy getting furniture, groceries, and cleaning up the new apartment. We did some long walkies around town to explore the area and are planning on more walkies in the future. Tomorrow Pavie goes to boarding as I will need space to build more furniture. I will miss him! He did so amazingly well on this travel and got lots of compliments. I will update more about our California adventure.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone for the well wishes to our move!

Oooohhhh, what beaches are you close to??
We are close to quite a few beaches! There's even a dog beach nearby :D 🐶

I've been here for about a week now (Pavie's currently being boarded), but from just the first couple of days, I realized that the dogs in California are sooo much more well behaved and the owners are soooo much more responsible in general compared to where we used to live. There are so many dogs around this area, I see dogs wherever I go, and many places are dog-friendly. There are dog-friendly stores, restaurants, and many public outdoor areas. Most of them walk very well with their owners on a loose leash and are good at ignoring strangers. On the lesser occasions, where Pavie and I have passed by some reactive dogs, the owners are very responsible and would move to the side to let us pass or even cross to the other side of the road if their dog is acting up. This is a huge difference to where we used to see dogs lunging/jumping/barking while the owners shout "my dog is friendly!" or "he/she just wants to say hi!" I really like the environment and am impressed by the responsible dog ownership around this area. I wonder if growing up in a big city helps, as the dogs are exposed to so many sights and sounds from very young. There's also a lot dog training businesses around the area that might have made a difference (Pavie and I have signed up for group classes starting in October). There's even a place nearby that teaches paddle boarding with your dog (I plan to check it out at some point).

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
When do you pick him up? How's the furniture coming along?
I pick him up on Thursday! I think it was a good idea that I boarded him while I got the furniture. I got a desk, bookshelf, and cloth rack from IKEA, a computer chair from Wayfair, and a bed from Amazon. I'm still debating whether to get a couch and dining table, since the apartment is small, and I could just eat at my desk. I also got an e-bike. I'll practice riding it for a while and then maybe get a trailer for Pavie.

Go get him. He feels the same.
I wish I could! He is in California, but I am in Vancouver, Canada now. I'll get him on Thursday!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts