Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I just recently posted an album of my 7 month boy. I have noticed his coloring changing and I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this with their parti. He started out just black and white and now he is getting black freckles in his white areas. I was wondering how freckled he will end up? Thanks!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Poppy got a ton of spots, ticking, and although I know its not prefered, I was hoping she would get them and love the way she looks. The other thing you might notice is that if your spoo has larger black spots with some white between them the white might disappear. Poppy's white blaze is nearly gone, just a little Crulla DeVille spot on her top knot which will more than likely be gone once her puppy coat is all gone.

If you search for my posts you can see the difference. Computer I'm on now doesn't have any of her pics on it.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Ticking progresses with age.

Yes clear markings are preferred and the majority of reputable breeders of Multi colors have dogs with little to no ticking.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yeah, Purple Poodle I think you are right. Although I don't remember seeing many adults without some ticking. I love Poppy dearly, she is exactly what I was looking for. Now her breeder, that is another issue and that does not involve any love or even like :fish: Someday I'll post that whole story, but right now I'm trying to get AKC to assist me in getting her papers and want to see how that turns out before I go on my rant.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I find ticking adorable !!!!!

Actually , if I would ever decide to have a parti , I would hope to get one with a lot of ticking - it makes them look like real hunting dogs LMAO, at least IMO !!!

·
Registered
362 Posts
My parti was black and white when he was a pup and now he has alot of ticking. I thought he was going to be white in the white areas, but he changed. I did not like it at first but now I love it and I love him very much no matter what color he is. Here is a picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
awwww

My parti was black and white when he was a pup and now he has alot of ticking. I thought he was going to be white in the white areas, but he changed. I did not like it at first but now I love it and I love him very much no matter what color he is. Here is a picture.
Awwww, he's really cute. He looks a lot like Lincoln. Pretty Boy!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have two parti girls. Pepsi developed more ticking until she was about a year old after that her markings stabilized. Satinka her niece has large black markings and almost no ticking and she is two. Painter, Pepsi's brother and Satinka's dad, had a big marking on his left leg like the two spoos pictured. I know that the ticking is not prefered but it does look OK to me as long as it is not to profuse.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Eh.. sheesh ...like we do not have enough "rules" for solids - now poor pari will have to adhere to same "discrimination" that it itself had to endure :fish: !!!

Original variation of the coat color was "banned" from a show ring for no good reason and now what - parti that has ticking is going to be looked down at !!!?????

PLEASE do not let that happen :doh:

I LOVE TICKING LMAO - I find it VERY esthetically pleasing - it gives the whimsical look to a whimsical dog that parti symbolically represents ...

Or is it just me again and idealization of what a "dog breeding" should be all about :rolffleyes:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks!!

I did pick him because I thought he was beautiful, and I still do. And I knew I would never show him...but people ask me all the time if he is a show dog. :) I think he is very regal, and I love him!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Eh.. sheesh ...like we do not have enough "rules" for solids - now poor pari will have to adhere to same "discrimination" that it itself had to endure :fish: !!!

Original variation of the coat color was "banned" from a show ring for no good reason and now what - parti that has ticking is going to be looked down at !!!?????

I LOVE TICKING LMAO - I find it VERY esthetically pleasing - it gives the whimsical look to a whimsical dog that parti symbolically represents ...

Or is it just me again and idealization of what a "dog breeding" should be all about :rolffleyes:
I totally agree!

·
Registered
4 Posts

You beat me to it, wishpoo! I was just reading and thinking how nice it is that parti's are finally considered "acceptable" (well, 'cept for AKC) so to read that clear colors and lack of ticking is 'preferred'... I'd love a parti to join my solid black boy, even with ticking :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I honestly love ticking everywhere.The more spots the more I love em. Of course you can only see all my girls beautiful little spots when shes shaved down. I wish she had more.But I love her anyways. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts