1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'Boo!'

'Wet? Who's wet?'

'whaddaya mean I'm hairy??'

only three more weeks until I can trim her again... I'm SO SICK of her hairy face & feet already..... ugh!

*only three more weeks....... only three more weeks....... only three more weeks......*:smow:

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have my non-sporting grooming exam later in the year, but in 3 weeks I have a workshop for it where we basically do a 'mock' version of the exam so we can figure out what we're doing and get help on whatever we need help with etc etc. I'm obviously gonna use Paris for the practical grooming side of it (I gotta groom a poodle, no choice on breed for the non-sporting exam!) but she's got to have a minimum of 6 weeks growth, including her FFT! It's been 3 weeks already, though the first 10 days was fine, it's getting worse and worse now; she's so hairy on her face!!!! Ugh

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I love Paris! She must have personality plus because her personality shines through in her pictures. I love to read of your adventures and see all the fun things you participate in. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
I can't even imagine your pain! I religiously do vegas's face weekly, and feet and tail every other, rofl. You can make it! We'll still love her even if she's a yeti! :love:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Paris is such a beautiful girl. Hang in there, you can do it :). I am terrible at grooming so dare not touch Jasper's face or feet at this point. He sees the groomer every 5 weeks. His face starts bothering me during week 2 after a groom. I suppose I should learn to at least do face and feet.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I normally do Paris' face feet & tail with a 30 blade, and I generally do it every week-10 days, but it can go for a couple of weeks ok before I have to shave it... this last week has been a killer, and there's still 3 weeks to go! The staining around her eyes is the worst. UGH!!! It's minimal, and not at all noticeable when she's shaved, but when it's hairy.... ewww!

Only a few more hours until Paris' big poodle party!!!!!!! I'll make a new thread for those pics later tonight... but for now HAPPY BIRTHDAY PARIS!!!!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
I normally do Paris' face feet & tail with a 30 blade, and I generally do it every week-10 days, but it can go for a couple of weeks ok before I have to shave it... this last week has been a killer, and there's still 3 weeks to go! The staining around her eyes is the worst. UGH!!! It's minimal, and not at all noticeable when she's shaved, but when it's hairy.... ewww!

Only a few more hours until Paris' big poodle party!!!!!!! I'll make a new thread for those pics later tonight... but for now HAPPY BIRTHDAY PARIS!!!!
You will really appreciate how stunning she looks when you finally get to groom her properly!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PARIS!!!! Many more wonderful, happy, healtrhy years ahead for you!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
awwwwwww, I just got this in an email from Paris' breeder:

remember I only found who Paris' breeder was through a lot of hunting (found her birth date in vet records, looked up the NZ kennel club for spoos of that birth date and found one and the breeder name, looked up the breeder name in the online phone book and called her up while crossing my fingers.... hahaha! The spoo I found on NZKC was Paris' sister the breeder kept and still shows. :) ) I love that we keep in touch now as I never thought I could have found her breeder having NO info on her! lol.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
That is SO nice, Paris is so loved. Wish we could have joined the party!! LOL

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PARIS!! She's beautiful even with all that coat. Just think how excited you will be when you get to clip her down again! I'll be looking for the photos on that .

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Aww, that is soo cool!
Paris' breeder sounds awesome!
I might get to meet her at the nationals this year! and I would be able to get lots of pics of Paris' sister!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts