Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
That is you and Paris inside the plane in the first picture isn't it? Can you buy her a seat to sit inside with you? Ours all have to travel as cargo when we fly here in Australia.

Funny cause the thread about "Where should dogs be allowed" many people don't believe that dogs should be in so called "people places". How do the allergy sufferers go having a dog ina plane, obviously she is a poodle so no allergy probs but if you can take a poodle can you take a german shepherd?

Congratulations on being a new grandma too LOL. I hope everything goes well for her pregnancy and birth. Can't wait to see new puppy photos too.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Triggers Pedigree is out of this world. I've already received deposits on two puppies! I'm stunned! His color is dominant DD for non dilute so the puppies should all be the deep dark red!

·
Registered
616 Posts
OMG, how exciting!! So she was able to sit in the seat next to you the entire flight all because the stud is famous??? Awesome!! And it seems that "trigger" knows how to use his gun!! :laser::tongue: If you dont mind me asking, what are the puppies going for??

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was all set to fly her cargo and even bought the 500 crate. When I went to drop her off they said the crate was too small. So I came right home and called and got a flight and walked her right thru security and onto the plane. NOONE said a Word!
They asked me to board the plane first and gave us bulkhead seats with an extra. It was unreal! I did get a note for the Dr as a backup that she would travel with me for medical reasons. I didn't need it. I also had her vet checked and her clearance from them. I was well prepared.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With a limited registration and spay/neuter contract $1100 and $1300, with a full registration $2000, but I am only selling one with the full registration. I sold that one already. I'm just now praying for nice healthy puppies.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
With a limited registration and spay/neuter contract $1100 and $1300, with a full registration $2000, but I am only selling one with the full registration. I sold that one already. I'm just now praying for nice healthy puppies.
I know this is your first time doing a breeding like this but I do know Trigger's pedigree and don't be surprised to get a few show potential puppies. With that being said the 2,000.00 isn't very much for health tested pedigree'd show potential puppies. The 1300.00 is still a great deal for a quality puppy.

If you get 3 really nice puppies that "for say" go into show home's, thats great recognition for you as a potential future breeder. All Im getting at is you may want to stay open minded about any potential show homes and leave room to work with the registration option for those homes. I totally agree to mark limited registration on the pet pups.

Anyhow, congrats on the breeding and Im excited to see what they produce. I had been wondering what happened with Paris's breeding and where you had been.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Congratulations on the puppies...both dogs are beautiful.
I am still trying to understand your flight....you bought one ticket for yourself and they allowed you to bring the dog to the plane and use a seat?
What airline was it?
I had no idea this was possible.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Congratulations on the puppies...both dogs are beautiful.
I am still trying to understand your flight....you bought one ticket for yourself and they allowed you to bring the dog to the plane and use a seat?
What airline was it?
I had no idea this was possible.
Im with you on this. I want more info. I cant tell you how many times we have had to send dogs cargo. Thats great that Paris was approved on the plane. Please give all the 411!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This might be long, but I'm going to try and post some information from different sites... I researched for a long time...

If you are traveling with an emotional support animal, the airline can require appropriate do***entation. Do***entation should be on the letterhead of a mental health professional and state the following:

The passenger has a mental health-related disability;
That having the animal accompany the passenger is necessary to the passenger’s mental health or treatment;
That the individual providing the assessment of the passenger is a licensed mental health professional and the passenger is under his or her professional care. The airlines cannot ask what “type” of mental health disability is involved.

Let me type out the letter I had for back up from the Dr.
"Ms. Elifritz is under ongoing treatment for a chronic medical condition. She benefits from a service dog to help her manage her condition. Please accommodate her dog as requested. -signed- "
This was written on a Rx paper.
I didn't have to show this, but I had it in case. LEt me find more info. BRB

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The U.S. Department of Transportation Guidance Concerning Service Animals in Air Transportation also recognizes emotional support animals as service animals. More information may be obtained at http://airconsumer.ost.dot.gov/rules/20030509.doc (Word version) or http://airconsumer.ost.dot.gov/rules/20030509.pdf (PDF version).

Read all you can on this website. It even has information for your Dr about writing a letter for you. I have been on antidepressants for years and that is how I got my Dr to write the letter.
http://www.psychdog.org/faq.html
This website is a goldmine of information for you.

------------------------------
What should my doctor’s generic letter of support say?

On physician’s letterhead:

"[Name] is my patient. I am treating him/her for a chronic medical disability. [Name] uses a Service Dog to assist him/her in managing this disability, and I support him/her in doing so. It is my professional opinion that [Name]'s Service Dog is medically necessary. Please accommodate him/her and his/her Service Dog, as requested.

Sincerely, [doctor's name]"

Note: Due to HIPAA regulations, your doctor’s letter should not say that the reader of the letter is "welcome to contact me if you have questions." The law does not allow your doctor to speak with lay persons about your medical condition or treatment, unless you sign a specific waiver for ‘consent for release of patient information’.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I know this is your first time doing a breeding like this but I do know Trigger's pedigree and don't be surprised to get a few show potential puppies. With that being said the 2,000.00 isn't very much for health tested pedigree'd show potential puppies. The 1300.00 is still a great deal for a quality puppy.

If you get 3 really nice puppies that "for say" go into show home's, thats great recognition for you as a potential future breeder. All Im getting at is you may want to stay open minded about any potential show homes and leave room to work with the registration option for those homes. I totally agree to mark limited registration on the pet pups.

Anyhow, congrats on the breeding and Im excited to see what they produce. I had been wondering what happened with Paris's breeding and where you had been.
I do plan to stay open minded on this. IF the right show breeder came along and was sure to finish my puppy and give it the proper recognition I might reconsider. As you said, I'm new to this and I've totally done my homework, plus I plan on keeping a female if I have one I'm totally sure of. With both parents being young I will adjust my prices after the first litter. I hope to have many wonderful puppies between Paris and Trigger if his mommy allows. I really need to please her in everything I do or I wont get to breed with trigger again. When I saw him in person he was 100 times the dog I expected and I expected him to be wonderful. His color is sooooooo deep red it seems to penetrate into his soul! (corny i know) I've just never seen anything like it! I loved his body shape! He reminded me of a muscle bound High School wrestler in great shape! He is 23 inches tall and runs runs runs. I love him!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Congrats on the upcoming litter!

Do you mind telling who has Trigger? What kennel? I have a friend who wants a Red Standard some day and have been doing all the research I can for her on Red dogs and Trigger looks very nice!

·
Registered
616 Posts
So is Paris a certified Service Dog?? She obviously has waht it takes considering what she does for you and how she reacted to that woman in the airport!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts