Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
only two more weeks until my grooming workshop, at which point Paris will have the required 6 weeks of growth to be groomed. Ugh, still 2 weeks to go!?!

I have been house-sitting for my friend with the english setters, so here's Paris chillin' on the couch there last night...

Staying with the setters for the long weekend is also a golden retriever.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
one of the three setters is old (11) and doesn't really care about the young hooligans:

but the 'young hooligans' are all under 2 years old (except Paris of course, but I don't think she'll ever age... haha!) so they had a BLAST playing "chase the really fast fluffy dog!"

(note in the background an obsessive setter trying to hone in on his prey...)

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

"Perhaps if I FLY I'll catch her!!!!"

Sorry, I digressed from poodle pics, but I'm sure you'll all understand.... lol!

And no, you don't want to know the state of Paris' coat after all that mud and slobber....!! *sigh*

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
This must be driving you crazy!! She is gonna look awesome when you get her all done up though. Enjoy being with the other furkids. They all look like they are having a blast together!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I absolutely love that third pic of Paris. She looks so angelic.

Looks like they all had a great time.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
May I ask what grooming workshop you are attending that you are bringing your dog to??? I am going to Intergroom in 2 weeks....I also have 3 of mine that have much more than the require 6 weeks of growth.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
May I ask what grooming workshop you are attending that you are bringing your dog to??? I am going to Intergroom in 2 weeks....I also have 3 of mine that have much more than the require 6 weeks of growth.
it's a workshop here in New Zealand. We're a small country, so this is the only workshop we have! It's in preparation for our non-sporting exam later in the year. :)
I had MUCH more than the required 6 weeks growth for the national grooming comp (I think I had 10 or 12 weeks on her!) but this is only a workshop (no judging, just working about and helping) so I'm NOT gonna go through the massive hairy stages again when I don't need to! lol! I'll possibly get more growth on her for the actual exam later, but we'll see. By the workshop time, she'll have around 12 weeks growth on top of her last overall grooming, but only 6 weeks on her fact feet & tail.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I was gonna say, how can you watch all this and not just scream? Of course you have access to nice tubs and dryers to do a good bath job so maybe it's not so demanding on you.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Poor Paris looks a little depressed not having her usual meticulous do. Having the boys chase her around seems to have perked her up though! Too funny with the golden flying "through hoops" to catch her attention.

It will be fun to see the workshop pics. Do you each groom your own dog or do you bring a dog and get someone else's to work on? Just curious how groomers get practice on other breeds that they may not own themselves.

I'm sure you will do great! Keep the pictures coming. :D

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I love the pics. Paris always has so much personality and you always get such cute pics. She sure looks like she was having fun.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Lovely pics! I love seeing poodles - and all dogs - having such a good time. Yeah, they get dirty, but watching them have so much fun is worth it! And sure looks like they had a GREAT time together! :)

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Kpoos said:
was gonna say, how can you watch all this and not just scream? Of course you have access to nice tubs and dryers to do a good bath job so maybe it's not so demanding on you.
lol, the soonest I actually have any time to bath her is this Friday when I've already booked her in for it! I'm about ready to scream about her hairy face, but the mud I've given up on worrying about, she loves running *SO* much, that I can't ever try stop it... lol All I did was dunk her legs into a bucket of warm water to rinse the mud off so they're rather grey now (the water was muddy FAST so the last leg ended up being dunked in very brown water...) but ahh well. She gets bathed on Friday... lol

Great pictures. Paris is stunning . Are you getting certified or in a competition? Good luck to you.
certifying. The competitions in NZ are few and far between. There was one last year, but the previous one was 4 years prior... And who knows when the next one will be! This year is my last exam before I got for my masters exam next year (provided I pass my exam this year of course!)

BFF said:
Do you each groom your own dog or do you bring a dog and get someone else's to work on? Just curious how groomers get practice on other breeds that they may not own themselves.
The exam (and workshop prior to it) this year is for the non-sporting group, and the dog to be groomed for the practical section is a poodle (of any size) so there's no other breeds being groomed at all (UNLESS there's someone re-sitting their terrier exam from last year, or someone doing their masters exam). I will be grooming Paris myself. Anyone who doesn't have a poodle they can use then there are locals around that can be used.

A lot of people use a clients dog, cos they then already know the dog! In that case we'd generally offer free weekly baths to keep the dog in coat, in return for being able to grow the coat and use it in the exam. For my terrier exam I borrowed one of the tutors airedales, and I found a westie, local to where the exam was being held, through an online message board!!! lol! The airedale was easy cos the breeder/owner of her is one of the tutors for the grooming association, the westie owner was just a random person with a pet westie that was happy to let her dog grow hairy, keep him brushed, and get a free grooming when I met him on the day!!! lol.

For the non-sporting/poodle exam there are plenty of mini poodles around cos the president of the grooming association breeds & shows them so she's got her own dogs as well as plenty of contacts of ones that can be used. Anyone without their own poodle to groom will most likely borrow one of hers. I'm just glad I have my own to use, cos I KNOW the state of her coat and what she's like to groom and how to make her look the best I can etc etc. But if I didn't have her, I'd have to borrow a dog from someone and groom it there, and just have to hope it had enough coat and was in good condition etc!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
haha, the friend with the bichon at the poodle-party got these pics and just emailed me them...

staaaannnding.... waaattchinnggg....

BOUNCING!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Beautiful hairy Paris! Even in her fuzz she is glorious! I love the pictures of her out running with the other dogs. The look on her face is pure poodle bliss :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Look at it! It's amazing! I finally got Duncans coat sorted and I'm too scared to let it grow out too much now :)
Can't wait to meet her! (and you:beauty (2):)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts