Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I realised Paris' last bath was 5 weeks ago...

(note I have put a bit of paper by her to compare her colour to a true white colour, showing she's clearly creamy)

Though I have kept her brushed out obviously, though she hasn't had a full brushing for about 2 weeks, so we started with that.

Then I thought I'd try out a shampoo I found in with my horse gear that I'd forgotten about. I rarely ever give Ed a bath (except this last weekend, I don't expect to bath him again till this next year! lol) so I took it to work and tried it out on Paris. It is a strong purple shampoo, so I diluted it (roughly 1:10, it doesn't have a dilution ratio on the bottle, I just poured a bit into a separate bottle and added water!) soaped her up ("ooo, pretty purple poodle") and rinsed her right down (the bottle does suggest leaving it for a few mins, but the depth of colour on her made me hesitant to leave it!)

Rinsed down, lots. I'm looking at her, and I'm sure she's still purple. I rinse some more, nope, still purplish. Ok, so I start drying her to see if it'll lighten when dry, I get her leg and side dry before I give up and re-bath her with a normal shampoo to try strip some of the purple out!

lol, I know it's not tooo bad, but in person it was quite clearly noticeable that she had that old lady/blue rinse thing going on!! lol! Also because it had faded down so much, it almost looked a dirty blue/grey colour too, it just wasn't pretty!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Another bath, another dry, and finally she's clean!
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

tie up her topknot, shave her face, and she's looking gooood again.

I can't believe I left it 5 weeks to bring back her FLUFF! lol! though she still has the faintest hints of purple through her too....

Check out the neck hair she's sporting now though:

and that's without trying at all! :)

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Paris is still goofy though......

well maybe just really tired going by all the yawns! But she doesn't have to look so goofy when she yawns! LOL!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Aww what a sweet heart. Thats so weird the horse shampoo dyed her like that...i have a horse too and know what stuff your talking about. its good to know i does that lol.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh I have tried other horse shampoo without a problem, and I have other deep purple dog shampoo as well, just this paticular brand seems strong. It's also old so perhaps that made a difference....? lol!

I am actually now rather tempted to put it on her straight/undiluted and let it sit and stain her for a while so she IS a purple poodle without having to dye her... haha! One day, after my exam perhaps...

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Lol, I can definitely see her purple tinge!
Too funny!
And the contrast between the cream/white is amazing

I'll have to come and see her all fluffy now :)

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Wow! She sure lightened up! Gosh Paris is one of my absolute favorite poodle girls <3 I can't get enough of her.

When you dry her, do you use a force dryer? I never get the spoo clients at my work, and none of the toys have long coats so I never get to know how to do it.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Great Story ! HA HA ! A purple poo I bet you about freaked. Anyway alls well that ends well she looks marvelous. I love the smiley pic what a character..

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah I just force dry her, I can't be bothered fluff drying usually, though I do for a competition etc!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Awesome pictures and and entertaining story to boot! Perfect for my after lunch coffee break!! Thanks for sharing, she's absolutely darling!!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Oh she is so pretty and WHITE when you finished with her! It's so funny that the horse shampoo turned her purple! LOL I love the face shot, with her purple ears and hair falling in her eyes :) Too funny!

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Is she a noisy yawner?? My Lucybug yawns so enthusiastically, you can hear it 2 rooms away!! :lol: She's teaching my other dogs to do it too - I've never heard Hannah make noise when she's yawned before (and I've had her over 7 years!) but lately she's been doing the noisy yawn!! Paris is adorable!! Now I'm inspired to give Lucy a nice bath/dry and FFT clip soon!!

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
She looked smoke stained! Lol. I guess 5 weeks no bath on white hmmm - poodles are definite dust magnets.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
LOL... she is definitely purplish...lol, but lovely just the same. She is such a beautiful girl, I love her looks! And soooooo fluffy. :)

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Ha, ha! I loved it!! She looked cool with purple hair. I wonder what Purple Poodle will think of that! LOL I love her clip.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts