Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well little Panda came home yesterday and he was brilliant in the car, wasn't sick and didn't quiver or anything, he just had a nap and then watched the world go by out the window.

His first night was brilliant too, he slept in his crate by our bed and was quiet all night and went straight back to sleep after toilet breaks (although he didn't pee when we took him out in the night)

He seems to want to be either in his crate or within 1 cm of you at all times (sitting or curled up on your feet is even better lol) unless he is retrieving a toy thrown a short distance. He hasn't really explored yet but more followed me or my boyfriend around, he will come when called if you call him in a happy voice and will run between the two of us as called. He loves playing with his toys and chasing a ball as long as its not thrown too far away

We think he is doing brilliantly and are very proud of him and want to make sure we are doing everything right to help him gain confidence.

Do you think he will get the confidence up to actually explore the house as he settles in more? After all it has only been one day

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Welcome home Panda!

In a few days I am sure he will be all over the place! So be prepared to keep up with him.

Such a pretty boy!

·
Registered
107 Posts
He is adorable! Congratulations! Within a few days he'll be right at home and you'll see his true personality start to come out. :) Right now he's still adjusting.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cant wait hehe :) he loves cuddling up on your lap chewing one of his many toys which is really cute. Everything new he comes across he stares at for a minute then runs up to it bouncing to and fro, I guess he is seeing if it will either attack him or play with him lol. He gets very excited after this so I have to be quick to take him out or he widdles on the floor hehe. We love him so much already!

I do not think he will have such a white muzzle when he has his first clip as his skin is black under a lot of it, will be exciting to see how he progresses, I think he is just beautiful :)

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am sure I will be posting questions very soon hehe, his first jab is booked for tommorrow, I am going to bring lots of toys and treats so we can play with the vet before....and hopefully after so its not all bad, I know we get half and hour to discuss all things puppy so hopefully he will have some fun while there too.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes he is a cutie :)

Well my mum came over tonight to meet him and he was nervous at first then he went mental! he LOVED her! but she has now managed to teach him biting hands and humping are fun 0_o I am sure we can stop that soon enough if play stops when he gets over excited and humps or if he bites hands putting a toy in his mouth instead. Oh well. at least his first new person was a fun experience for him, he had a proper run about the garden hehe

I didn't know 8 week old puppies humped!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He has settled in now, he is exploring now and is learning that he cant just try to jump up on the sofa he has to sit nicely and we decide when he comes up... he does winge a bit if we decide he needs to play on the floor with us though lol, but only for a short while. He is a very good boy, slept well again till 6.30 this morning :)

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
He looks so sweet. Beware of that cute face though, he will have you wrapped in no time at all. :D

I love his markings and his name is so perfect for him. Have fun!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts