Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always wanted a standard poodle, but also wanted to rescue. I have had 2 rescue dogs and they were wonderful, and died of old age.

Now I have my standard poodle and a Bouvier des Flandres who are the same age and have always been together. They couldn't be more different in looks and personality.

Jeeves is a brown poodle, born October 25, 2008. He is always right at my heels and wishes he could be in my lap. He is a very good dog and full of energy. He is healthy, has never been sick except one minor ear infection. He leaps high, I need to get a picture. I have 3 pics of him in my profile right now and will be putting up more. He and Katy (the Bouvier) wrestle every day and run hard up and down and around and around our 3 story Victorian home.

I found this site while looking for picture of cuts. He is very long right (fur about 4 inches) now with face and feet shaved.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
:welcome: You have a handsome boy,glad to see he has found a forever home.:)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Ha ha I know what stairs are like...mine are always running up and down ours having a great time chasing one another. Yes, get some more pics posted-everyone here loves to see!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
brown

He is very brown, but I actually was hoping for a black female. But, you know, I think puppies pick you! He was the one.

Now with his fur so long, he seems lighter on his back.

I am getting up the nerve to have him shaved like a poodle for the summer. I love his long locks, but I would also like to see his body. I think he might be a little skinny. So I'm looking for masculine cuts. lol

I have been trying to figure out how to see other member's pictures. Either this site is not intuitional (I guess that's not a word.) or I need to pay to get the good features.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just noticed, you have a Golden. We had 2 goldens. They were wonderful. One came with my husband, and the other was a rescue. The rescue, Lacy was so sweet, but she had heartworm when I got her and then died of cancer. My husband didn't want to rescue again after that, but I couldn't find a standard poodle to rescue, anyway. I guess they are rather rare.

We were 2 years with no dogs before we got our current kids.

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
I have been trying to figure out how to see other member's pictures. Either this site is not intuitional (I guess that's not a word.) or I need to pay to get the good features.
Not sure what this means, Jeeves... I can tell you that you do not have to pay to access any pictures on this forum - I don't do anything special and I'm able to see pretty much everyone's pictures and videos - the only exceptions are if the pics or vids are hosted on a third party site that my computer won't allow but that happens extremely rarely.

What do you see in place of the pictures?

Barb

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure what this means, Jeeves... I can tell you that you do not have to pay to access any pictures on this forum - I don't do anything special and I'm able to see pretty much everyone's pictures and videos - the only exceptions are if the pics or vids are hosted on a third party site that my computer won't allow but that happens extremely rarely.

What do you see in place of the pictures?

Barb
I guess I was looking in the wrong place. I was clicking on the named link and thought I would find pictures associated with the user. I found the albums at the link at the top.

Thanks for the reply.

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
YAY!!! Glad you found them! You can also click on each user's name at the left side of each post and then click on View Public Profile... IF that person has an album, you can view it on their profile page, too; but not all users have active albums... Aren't you glad you don't have to pay $$ for that entertainment?? :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts